Where can I get a POH for a 1977 Cessna U206G?

Old February 11th 04, 03:29 PM
carlos

Default Where can I get a POH for a 1977 Cessna U206G?

Can anyone recommend a place where I could order a POH online? My 206 is
lacking a POH and I'm tired of arguing with the previous owner over its
whereabouts. I'd rather just go online and order a new copy.

Thanks for any leads.

CGP.

Old February 11th 04, 04:04 PM
Blanche

www.esscoaircraft.com

Old February 11th 04, 05:48 PM
carlos

Thanks... I'll go have a look.

"Blanche" wrote in message
www.esscoaircraft.com

Old February 11th 04, 10:11 PM
John Galban

"carlos" wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a place where I could order a POH online? My 206 is
lacking a POH and I'm tired of arguing with the previous owner over its
whereabouts. I'd rather just go online and order a new copy.

Thanks for any leads.

http://www.esscoaircraft.com/

They sell 'em for $30 each.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old February 11th 04, 11:30 PM
C J Campbell

Essco will sell you an information manual. If you want an actual, official
POH with the serial number for your aircraft you have to order one from
Cessna. Then you have to update it with all the STCs for any modifications
that have been made to the plane. That POH is required to stay with the
aircraft.

If you bought an airplane lacking a POH then you bought an airplane that
technically is not airworthy. It may not be covered by your insurance in the
event of an accident.

Old February 12th 04, 04:06 AM
carlos

According to Essco's website, they sell:

"U206G Stationair 6 1977 - Pilot's Operating Handbook"

Is there a difference?

Thanks,

CGP.

Old February 12th 04, 04:38 AM

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:30:30 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

Essco will sell you an information manual. If you want an actual, official
POH with the serial number for your aircraft you have to order one from
Cessna. Then you have to update it with all the STCs for any modifications
that have been made to the plane. That POH is required to stay with the
aircraft.

If you bought an airplane lacking a POH then you bought an airplane that
technically is not airworthy. It may not be covered by your insurance in the
event of an accident.

C J you are da man!

But according to TYPE CERTIFICATE DATA SHEET NO. A4CE

Equipment:
The basic required equipment as prescribed in the applicable
airworthiness regulations (see Certification Basis) must be installed
in the aircraft for certification. This equipment must include a
current Airplane Flight Manual effective S/N U20602589 and U20604650
and up. In addition, the following item of equipment is required:
1. Stall Warning Indicator, Cessna Dwg. 0511062-4

and snipped from the required placards section:

On the following models: U206G, TU206G (S/N U20602589 and U20604650
through U20606439)

"The markings and placards installed in this airplane contain
operating limitations which must be complied with when operating this
airplane in the Normal Category. Other operating limitations which
must be complied with when operating this airplane in this category
are contained in the Pilot's Operating Handbook and FAA Approved
Airplane Flight Manual.

So the AFM might not be an airworthiness item, depending on the s/n...

Essco is a kewl source for docs, but none of it ("required" operations
or maintenance) is "legal" if the original manufacturer is still in
the manual revision business.

TC

Old February 12th 04, 08:00 AM
C J Campbell

"carlos" wrote in message
| According to Essco's website, they sell:
|
| "U206G Stationair 6 1977 - Pilot's Operating Handbook"
|
| Is there a difference?
|
| Thanks,
|
| CGP.

Yes. Depending on your serial number. Older aircraft did not get serialized
operating manuals. The book you get from Essco will do just fine for these.
Later aircraft have operating manuals assigned to individual airplanes.
These have the serial number written on them.

Old February 12th 04, 02:26 PM
carlos

Ok, thanks.

I'll try to check with Cessna or CPA just in case. I'm trying to get this
airplane in as good a condition as possible, including the original manuals.

I do have all of the airplane's books, all the way back to it's first flight
from Cessna to Ft. Lauderdale - it turns out I know the original owner.

Cheers,