? about LS 6C

Old November 4th 03, 11:04 PM
S Schwartz

Default ? about LS 6C

Does anyone know what years the LS6C was produced?
Is the C the only LS6 with automatic hook ups or did the B have them also?
Any info on flying experience in the B or C pros & cons.
Old November 5th 03, 12:21 PM
Bill Gribble

S Schwartz writes
Does anyone know what years the LS6C was produced?

From http://www.sailplanedirectory.com/ls.htm#LS-6 ...

"The 15 m. racing class LS-6 first flew in 1983. snip At the 1991
World Championships at Uvalde, TX, the first four places were taken by
LS-6b’s and LS-6c’s."

Not sure whether or not that helps at all.

--
Bill Gribble

/----------------------------------\
| http://www.cotswoldgliding.co.uk |
| http://members.aol.com/annsweb |
| http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org |
\----------------------------------/
Old November 6th 03, 03:02 AM
Greg Arnold

Flaperons and dive brakes together result in an impressive descent
rate; but I personally dislike the heel brakes, I feel they take away
some of the rudder feel due to the movement in the rudder assembly
inflight (has anyone out there tried to change a 6 to a stick brake
lever?).

I notice that DG is moving the wheel brake to the airbrake handle:
http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/ls8-modellpflege-e.html

If you find a nice one grab it!

Kirk
LS6-b "66"

Old November 7th 03, 06:48 AM
Kalle Vaaraniemi

I fly a 6-b with wheel brake lever on stick. Pedal assembly forward
movement is
still there tough. Modification shouldn't be too hard, just find a lever
and reroute
the brake cable..

Br, Kalle

Does anyone know what years the LS6C was produced?
Is the C the only LS6 with automatic hook ups or did the B have them also?
Any info on flying experience in the B or C pros & cons.

Stuart,

I fly a B, SN 6167, built in 1987. Lovely ship, excellent performance
- everybit as good (if not a bit better) than the Ventus B but much
nicer to fly, in my (and Moffat's) opinion. Only auto hookup is the
elevator; however the flaperon and divebrake hookups are very easy to
connect, safety (twist-on LS sleeves), and perform a visual and
tactile check.

Relatively narrow cockpit, but I'm 5'11" and (ahem) 235 lbs and manage
to fit just fine; it is a racer after all...Just make sure your charts
are folded before you close the canopy and you have carefully located
your water, food, etc!

Old November 9th 03, 02:42 PM
David Kinsell

More specs and history at: