Rising avgas prices invoke new measures

Old May 2nd 05, 04:49 AM

ORVAL FAIRBAIRN wrote:
In article . net,
"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote:

I don't know gang..........could be a solution!!!!!!
http://www.savetoby.com/

Hasenfeffer! Or is it Tobyfeffer? What kind of wine goes with rabbit?

I suggest that Toby be oven-roasted, basted with olive oil mixed with
some rosemary, cumin, allspice, and a bit of garlic powder and served
over a bed of Rice-a-Roni brand Long Grain and Wild Rice Original
Flavor (http://www.ricearoni.com/RAR_Product...i_wildrice.cfm)
and a side of sauteed snow peas and pearl onions.

A nice tall glass of Little Penguin Shiraz
(http://www.thelittlepenguin.com/wines/shiraz.html) would be the
perfect wine. I prefer my Shiraz chilled.

Old May 2nd 05, 05:15 AM
tony roberts

well - you almost had me until you included garlic powder and
Rice-a-Roni

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old May 2nd 05, 05:20 AM
Chris W

Dudley Henriques wrote:

I don't know gang..........could be a solution!!!!!!
http://www.savetoby.com/

I wonder if the people at PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) know about
this.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com
Old May 2nd 05, 05:20 AM
Montblack

("George Patterson" wrote)
Hasenfeffer! Or is it Tobyfeffer? What kind of wine goes with rabbit?

Burgundy, Merlot, or Shiraz would all go well.

Beer. It's made with ...hops!!

http://www.slangcity.com/ask_ac_arch...of_the_dog.htm
Hare of the dog

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.

I see George has weighed in on the "Pets or Meat" question :-)

Montblack
From Sideways (2004)
If they want to drink Merlot, we're drinking Merlot.
No, if anyone orders Merlot, I'm leaving. I am NOT drinking any f******
Merlot!

Old May 2nd 05, 05:29 AM
KayInPA

I wonder if the people at PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) know
about
this.

Yes, apparently they do. Check out the "Updates" section... The site's
been featured on NBC news and has all sorts of people up in arms over
it.

The emails posted in that section, while vulgar, are highly
entertaining. I only wish I was smart enough to have come up with such
a quick way to $28,000!

Kay
email: remove "ns" from aviationns

Old May 2nd 05, 09:18 AM
H.P.

Islamic terrorism gone mainstream-lite. What will them mooossslims think of
next? On June 29th, I expect to see a picture with two gun barrels on
either side of the critter's head.

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't know gang..........could be a solution!!!!!!
http://www.savetoby.com/

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Old May 2nd 05, 05:52 PM
John Galban

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Would you believe this guy already has made enough to buy himself a

fairly
low time S1S Pitts? :-)))))

No, I wouldn't necessarily believe it. The original site had a hoax
disclaimer that has been removed. Check out :

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/savetoby.asp

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old May 2nd 05, 06:07 PM
Dudley Henriques

"John Galban" wrote in message
oups.com...

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Would you believe this guy already has made enough to buy himself a

fairly
low time S1S Pitts? :-)))))

No, I wouldn't necessarily believe it. The original site had a hoax
disclaimer that has been removed. Check out :

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/savetoby.asp

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Already know about this. Word is it's still out for grabs on this. Could be
a hoax but no one seems absolutely certain as yet.
It's probably a couple of college kids playing games. If so, it's a good
stunt. PETA is going NUTS!!! :-)
DH

Old May 2nd 05, 06:33 PM
John Galban

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Already know about this. Word is it's still out for grabs on this.

Could be
a hoax but no one seems absolutely certain as yet.
It's probably a couple of college kids playing games. If so, it's a

good
stunt. PETA is going NUTS!!! :-)

I saw the hoax disclaimer on the site when it first appeared earlier
this year. I doubt they would have put it there if the site were for
real. I think you hit the nail on the head with the college kids
playing games. They probably realized very quickly that the absence of
the disclaimer would give them a much better bang for their hoax buck.
It obviously has.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old May 2nd 05, 06:39 PM
John Galban

John Galban wrote:
They probably realized very quickly that the absence of
the disclaimer would give them a much better bang for their hoax

buck.

BTW - This hoax is not even that original. Anyone remember the
National Lampoon cover from the '70s? It had a picture of a cute dog
with a revolver pointed at its head. Caption : Buy this magazine, or
we'll shoot this dog.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)