Can You Name an "Aircraft-Accessible" Aviation Museum?

Old January 7th 04, 12:35 AM
Ross

You can taxi over to the Canadian National Aviation Museum and park out at
the back, they will then come and open a back door and escort you to the
front to purchase your entrance ticket. Only problem is that there is no
instrument approach.

There is also the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton where you
can taxi up and park on the museum ramp. If you visit the museum they will
also waive the landing fees.

Ross
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Jay Honeck" said:
Which brings to the fore a question: How many aviation museums really

ARE
accessible by light plane? I know, for example, that my two favorite

The National Warplane Museum is right next door to the FBO at Elmira.
However, considering how much financial trouble they appeared to be in
last time I looked, I wouldn't bet on them still being in business next
time you fly there.

The Canadian National Aviation Museum
http://www.aviation.nmstc.ca/eng/english_home.html
is at Rockcliffe Airport in Ottawa, and it appears you can taxi over, but
I've never tried it.

--
"The magic of usenet has never been its technology; and, only in part, its
reach. Its magic -- its power -- is based on the very real human

connections
that form 'round its threads of conversation... the relationships that are
kindled, flamed and, on occasion, extinguished and mourned." -deCadmus