Cat in plane

Old November 15th 05, 01:02 AM
Roger

Default Cat in plane

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 15:48:29 -0800, "Clyde"
wrote:

A few years back I remember reading about a "Never again" or "I learned
about flying from that", concerning a flight in a C-150. The flight was

There was the story, titled "Cat's Don't Fly Well" in one of the mags
a few years back, but as I recall he was flying a twin. Ended up
doing an emergency landing in field after the cat tried to imitate a
starfish draped over his head. Last he saw of the cat was it heading
for the woods. It was his girlfriends cat.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
going south on the east coast, and there was a wife, mother-in-law and her
cat involved. It was a humorous story, I believe the ending was a scratched
up pilot, ripped up interior of the aircraft and one disowned mother-in-law.
Not sure what happen to the cat, but I know what I would of done with the
cat, test out the nine lives theory.
Clyde

"soxinbox" wrote in message
Has any got any experience with taking a cat in an airplane. Do they freak
out from the loud noise. Do they have problems with the change in

altitude?

Old November 15th 05, 01:40 AM
Roger

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:28:47 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo K.
wrote:

In article . com,
Robert M. Gary wrote:
At least a dog loves you in return. What's the difference between a
stuffed dog and a cat? Both appear equally as loving.

I beg to differ... I have a cat (Prudencia) and she for sure loves me. She's
always 3 feet from me when ever I'am awake, and waits until I'm asleep or
gone to work before going out of the house. If she misbehaves and I
yell at her, she ignores me for a day (which means 10 feet instead of 3).

She's a very nice cat. And she comes when I call her...

When I pull into the driveway Streak comes running across the yard to
greet me just like a dog. OTOH he's darn near as big as some and even
bigger than the little ones. 40" toes to toes 16#, and about 13 to
14" tall at the shoulders and hates dogs, although the neighbors had a
little shih-zu (sp?) he'd play with.

He minds ... fairly well. Unbelievably well for a cat. If he gets
scolded he'll hide for a little while and then he'll be underfoot
(kissing up) trying to make up what ever upset me even though he knows
he couldn't have done anything wrong. If he want's out he'll stand on
his hind feet and try to open the door, but can't mange to turn the
knob. Reaching it is no problem as he can even reach the dead bolt.
He likes to share and brings me mouse parts every once in a while, but
I wish he'd quite putting them on my magazines before I've finished
reading them.

Streak is mostly cat, but the one we had before him minded better than
most people's kids, understood about 20 words. You could tell him to
go in the house and which room and he'd do it. He loved to ride in
cars. He and the same neighbor's dog would rough house
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/smokydog.htm

Both cats liked to play catch where I'd toss them up and catch them.
Streak wraps his front legs around the hind ones and curls up into a
ball when I play "toss the cat" with him. I've been told Streak has
figured it's time to kiss his ass good by in case I miss catching him.
I have incentive not to miss as that cat has claws!
Big, sharp claws.

Streak does not like cars! That means Vet and he want's nothing to do
with going there. Ever since his first trip to the Vet he's forgotten
why he want's to go out at night. He still want's to go, he just
doesn't remember why.

Old November 15th 05, 02:36 AM
Margy

Roger wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:28:47 +0000 (UTC), Eduardo K.
wrote:

In article . com,
Robert M. Gary wrote:

At least a dog loves you in return. What's the difference between a
stuffed dog and a cat? Both appear equally as loving.

I beg to differ... I have a cat (Prudencia) and she for sure loves me. She's
always 3 feet from me when ever I'am awake, and waits until I'm asleep or
gone to work before going out of the house. If she misbehaves and I
yell at her, she ignores me for a day (which means 10 feet instead of 3).

She's a very nice cat. And she comes when I call her...

When I pull into the driveway Streak comes running across the yard to
greet me just like a dog. OTOH he's darn near as big as some and even
bigger than the little ones. 40" toes to toes 16#, and about 13 to
14" tall at the shoulders and hates dogs, although the neighbors had a
little shih-zu (sp?) he'd play with.

Fred comes when called even if she knows it's for her medicine. She's
not happy about it, but she comes. Once in a while it's tuna instead.

He minds ... fairly well. Unbelievably well for a cat. If he gets
scolded he'll hide for a little while and then he'll be underfoot
(kissing up) trying to make up what ever upset me even though he knows
he couldn't have done anything wrong. If he want's out he'll stand on
his hind feet and try to open the door, but can't mange to turn the
knob. Reaching it is no problem as he can even reach the dead bolt.
He likes to share and brings me mouse parts every once in a while, but
I wish he'd quite putting them on my magazines before I've finished
reading them.

We had one that would ring the bell. We always knew it was him, he was
the only one who rang the back door bell.

Streak is mostly cat, but the one we had before him minded better than
most people's kids, understood about 20 words. You could tell him to
go in the house and which room and he'd do it. He loved to ride in
cars. He and the same neighbor's dog would rough house
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/smokydog.htm

That dog is tethered! Takes all the fun out of of it!
Old November 15th 05, 04:41 AM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

It was his girlfriends cat.

ex-girlfriend.

George Patterson
If a tank is out of ammunition, what you have is a sixty ton portable
radio.
Old November 15th 05, 04:45 AM
George Patterson

Roger wrote:

If he want's out he'll stand on
his hind feet and try to open the door, but can't mange to turn the
knob.

I had a big black tom many years ago who could turn the knob. He never figured
out how to pull a door open that way, but he could push one open after the latch
went. He topped out at 17.5 pounds and none of it was fat.

Old November 15th 05, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:41:52 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Roger wrote:

It was his girlfriends cat.

ex-girlfriend.

She was his girlfriend at the time, but soon to be ex when she found
her cat was gone. :-))

Old November 15th 05, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 21:36:42 -0500, Margy wrote:

snip
the only one who rang the back door bell.

Streak is mostly cat, but the one we had before him minded better than
most people's kids, understood about 20 words. You could tell him to
go in the house and which room and he'd do it. He loved to ride in
cars. He and the same neighbor's dog would rough house
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/smokydog.htm

That dog is tethered! Takes all the fun out of of it!

True, but you'll note that both of them get bowled over at times.

Actually the dog is on a leash to keep it from running away. It was
high strung and would just take off if let go. It got out a couple of
time. The cat minded a lot better than the dog. :-))

That cat is the one that got shot. We came home to find him on the
back door step. He wasn't moving real good when we opened the door and
then I noticed the black spot just behind the shoulders. It had gone
through low enough to miss his spine and high enough it didn't hit
anything vital. Before that he was anyone's friend. After that he was
afraid of kids and would hide just hearing their voices.

Old November 15th 05, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 04:45:48 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

Roger wrote:

If he want's out he'll stand on
his hind feet and try to open the door, but can't mange to turn the
knob.

I had a big black tom many years ago who could turn the knob. He never figured
out how to pull a door open that way, but he could push one open after the latch
went. He topped out at 17.5 pounds and none of it was fat.

Sounds a bit like a bigger version of Streak.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/cat_files/Lunch.htm

Old November 15th 05, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 14-Nov-2005, Margy wrote:

Fred comes when called even if she knows it's for her medicine. She's
not happy about it, but she comes. Once in a while it's tuna instead.

Why not have it be tuna all the time? When our geriatric 17-year-old cat
developed hyperthyroidism, we had to give her a pill twice a day. After
many struggles and having the cat end up spitting the pill back out half the
time, someone I know suggested a solution that worked like a charm. We
bought cheap cans of tuna, the ones that have a lot of broth and mushy fish,
and each time it was "pill time" we crushed the pill in a little of the
broth, then stirred in a little of the fish. The cat LOVED taking her
medicine! We extended the broth for a few days, up to almost a week, by
adding a little tap water each day. After adding water each day, eventually
the tuna didn't taste as good, and our cat didn't take to it as well. At
that point our dog got a treat, and we opened another can of tuna. Plastic
pet food lids fit the tuna cans perfectly, by the way.You'll have to
experiment and see how little broth and fish you can get away with before
your cat won't eat it up. You may also have to try two or three brands of
tuna to find the one your cat adores. Our cat loved one brand, but when I
went to a different store once and they didn't have it, I bought their cheap
brand. Our cat refused it.
Scott Wilson
Old November 15th 05, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Sounds a bit like a bigger version of Streak.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/cat_files/Lunch.htm

Haw! That's a beauty.

Cats crack me up.