C172 charter in LA

Old January 29th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default C172 charter in LA

Carlos Villalpando wrote:

They look up the registered owner and mail the
bill there each month.

That's going to be interesting if my old Maule ever lands there. As far as I can
tell from the databases, the new owner never re-registered it. It shows up as
"sale reported."

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 29th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

A little tape on the N number ought to solve that.

You mean to alter or cover the N number? No. it won't work. SMO is a
towered airport. According to my knowledge from the SMO guys...the fee
is collected for every time wheels tough the ground. A person sitting
in a pickup truck with radio watches whether the plane is tough the
ground on the runway. Therefore, it is free for go-around but if you
stay in pattern for 3 touch and goes, then you pay 3X landing fee.
There is no fee for home based aircrafts and flight school, only the
outsiders.

Old January 29th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You mean to alter or cover the N number? No. it won't work. SMO is a
towered airport. According to my knowledge from the SMO guys...the fee
is collected for every time wheels tough the ground. A person sitting
in a pickup truck with radio watches whether the plane is tough the
ground on the runway. Therefore, it is free for go-around but if you
stay in pattern for 3 touch and goes, then you pay 3X landing fee.
There is no fee for home based aircrafts and flight school, only the
outsiders.

That is the most unfair, ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I can't
believe your airport commission (or whatever is running this Mickey Mouse
operation) allows it. I'd be protesting that policy to everyone who would
listen, regardless of their "you don't have to pay" self-bribery.

If you local guys don't fight it, and if other airports see your airport
successfully raising money by shafting transient aircraft, that kind of
horse-**** policy WILL spread -- and then all we'll be able to do is fly
circles over our home field all day.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 30th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"cpu" wrote in message
ups.com...
A little tape on the N number ought to solve that.

You mean to alter or cover the N number? No. it won't work. SMO is a
towered airport. According to my knowledge from the SMO guys...the fee
is collected for every time wheels tough the ground. A person sitting
in a pickup truck with radio watches whether the plane is tough the
ground on the runway. Therefore, it is free for go-around but if you
stay in pattern for 3 touch and goes, then you pay 3X landing fee.
There is no fee for home based aircrafts and flight school, only the
outsiders.

So the dork in the truck is going to count the poor student pilot on his
solo X/C that bounces 4 times in 1 landing and is going to bill him 4
landing fees?

Old January 30th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay

This was normal at my field a few years before the end. It also
included the flight schools there who were prohibited from teaching
students with touch and goes. They had to go to other fields to shoot
practice landings.

Reason given was there were enough commercial jets (Oil Companies)
based there and who paid big dollars and they didn't want the extra
runway use.They threatened to move and take money with them.

Old Pilot (who built field died) and his wife who then ran the field
finally died and kids sold to developers who closed the field and gave
eviction notices to all and you know what happened (

Now high dollare condo's for the rich. Ain't progress nice ...........

So be it.

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````

Old January 30th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I can't believe your airport commission ...
If you local guys don't fight it, and if other airports see your airport

It is not my homebase. Sadly I have to pay in order to get to the
SMO's most fameous restaurent Typhoon
(http://www.typhoon-restaurant.com/home.html). You can regular meet
the KTLA Channel 5's anchor Hal Fishman in there. (He appeared in the
movie One-Six Right) SMO is his home base, and many of Hollywood Stars
( Bill Cosby, Harison Ford,...)

I don't think they cares.