Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

Old October 16th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Does a Baron 58 have an ejection seat?

That really should have said "and not just because of"...

"Emily" wrote in message
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| LOL
|
| BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
| happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
|
| Damn you. You just destroyed my dream of never having to
sit in traffic

Old October 16th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

The US Army is now testing smart camo that uses active LCD
woven into the cloth to act like a chameleon and blend into
the background.

"B A R R Y" wrote in
message ...
| On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:34:27 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| LOL
|
| BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
| happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
|
| On a side note related to Star Trek, did you happen to see
the article
| in the recent "Discover" magazine about "visual
cloaking"?

Old October 16th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I think a StarWars light saber might be possible with a
controlled magnetic field and plasma.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| LOL
|
| BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
| happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
| Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that
| create matter with a weight equal to a person would
require
| the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
| control and without destruction of the mechanism.
|
| Hell Jim, I'm still trying to deal with Scrodenger's cat
and after dinner I
| have to find why Fermat outsmarted both me and the
Pythagoreans with the 3rd

Old October 16th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I think a StarWars light saber might be possible with a
controlled magnetic field and plasma.

Which, of course, always begs the question of: "Why?"

I know, I know -- because it's an elegant weapon. But without The
Force to guide your hand, you're just a sitting duck for a guy in a
walker with a laser cannon...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 16th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily

Jay Honeck wrote:
I think a StarWars light saber might be possible with a
controlled magnetic field and plasma.

Which, of course, always begs the question of: "Why?"

You never need a reason to build a light saber.

I know, I know -- because it's an elegant weapon. But without The
Force to guide your hand, you're just a sitting duck for a guy in a
walker with a laser cannon...

And who says some of us can't use the Force? g
Old October 16th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Crash Lander" wrote in message
"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The Beechjet has a StarTrek matter-transporter that will
beam the passengers and cargo safely to the ground at the
nearest discrete place, then it switches to phaser mode and
destroys the aircraft so there is no dangerous debris
falling on any city.

:oints tri-corder towards Mxsmanic and turns to Jim::
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it! Not as we know it! Captain!"
Crash Lander

I was thinking more of the line from the episode called "Spock's Brain."

"It's his brain, Jim...They've TAKEN his brain..."

Jay B

Old October 16th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.
Einstein's equation works both ways, E=MC^2 means that to
create matter with a weight equal to a person would require
the energy of several thousand atomic bombs, under full
control and without destruction of the mechanism.

Obviously you meant to add "using current known technologies!"
Crash Lander

Old October 16th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

wrote:

LOL

BTW, matter transmission as done on StarTrek can NEVER
happen and just because of the Heisenberg (sp) effect.

On a side note related to Star Trek, did you happen to see the article
in the recent "Discover" magazine about "visual cloaking"?

Interesting, to say the least...

Sounds like the Philadelphia Experiment. (I think that's what it was called)
Crash Lander

Old October 16th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marty Shapiro

"Jim Macklin" wrote in

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
| My Baron is equipped with the optional Aces II ejection
seats in the front
| only. Rather than a ballistic parachute, Beechcraft
offered the option of
| ejection seats. They are zero-zero (will deploy a chute at
zero altitude and
| zero forward velocity).
|
| The seat pan has a deployable survival kit as well as a
self inflating raft.

I once watched a Beech Starship take off at KSJC and cloaking as it
turned on the SUNOL departure.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.