Tomahawk/ Skipper

Old November 16th 05, 06:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Tomahawk/ Skipper

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Jay Beckman" wrote

Similar amounts of composite materials used in the construction of

both...(torso and SR22)

I don't know if that is a foregone conclusion, or not. I volunteer to do
an
up-close and personal inspection!
--
Jim in NC

Think of it more as a "Walk Around By Braile."

Jay B

Old November 17th 05, 12:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:

A Skipper with a big engine

A big engine?
Old November 17th 05, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:

Aha. No round engines in the list, I see...

Maybe the big engine he was going to hang on the skipper
was a radial :-))
Old November 17th 05, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

125-180 hp would be nice, so it could climb faster to
altitude for doing spins.

some support

m...

Old November 17th 05, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The best round engines are turbofans, but the 985 is nice on
a BE 18, too bad the wings are so old.

Old November 18th 05, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
Right now I'm walking, but when the lottery comes through,
I'll get an XL1200R and maybe a V-Rod with mid-mount
controls. Hey, I think arriving with the bike in an
airplane would be cool. Maybe land in town and taxi down
main street.

No roids, just old.

Bah. I'd rather die than be seen trailering my motorcycle to a rally.

My one and only time to Sturgis, at the Glencoe campground, there was
some kind of country & western artist(s) entourage camped far across
the way from our tent with a couple big huge shiney custom painted
black and silver "greyhound" style tour buses. I don't know who they
were since I don't do C&W music, and there were no names painted on the
buses but one afternoon a big, very expensive-looking helicopter,
painted in the same exact black and silver color scheme as the tour
buses buzzed the campground and then landed next to where the buses
were parked. The occupants unloaded a minibike from the rear
seating/baggage area of the copter and one of them (presumably the main
artist or lead singer himself) started it up and rode around the buses
while the crowd that had gathered went abolutely nuts. That was in the
early 1990's a couple years before I ever got into aviation, but
looking back, there would've been enough room (with appropriate
planning of course) to have brought in and landed a Helio Courier with
a Harley strapped in the back! Now that would be a grand entrance to
the Sturgis event, and cool enough to be "socially acceptable" unlike
trailering your bike there.