Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Old October 19th 05, 02:31 AM
George Patterson

Default Come on Guys! Take this Challenge!

Montblack wrote:

My niece worked in DC for a Senator. She said they seldom read e-mails
but always read snail mail.

Was this recently? For a while there after the anthrax scare, congresscritters
avoided reading snail mail. It also took months for it to pass through the
security stuff. What's that like now?

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 19th 05, 03:29 AM
Montblack

("George Patterson" wrote)
Was this recently? For a while there after the anthrax scare,
congresscritters avoided reading snail mail. It also took months for it to
pass through the security stuff. What's that like now?

Before, during, and just a month or two after. She left. Anthrax security
was one of the reasons - having to deal with it, let alone having to even
consider it.

Montblack

Old October 19th 05, 03:51 PM
Jay Honeck

That's funny -- I was just thinking how the danged bureaucrats had become
so *bold* since 9/11.

While you seem to be a very good person, unfortunately it's individuals
like you, with your blind 'yes I will follow' attitude who can so easily
be led down a path that are the greatest threat to our country. Remember
that it's 'government by and FOR the people',,, not the other way around.

Uh, Cecil, I believe you have misinterpreted my comment.

That was NOT meant to be a complimentary view of what our bureaucrats have
done. In fact, I'm appalled at the way our government is run primarily by
the bureaucrats, with the politicians doing little but trying to wag the
dog.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 19th 05, 10:00 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Maybe. The bureaucrats have become so timid after 9/11, though, that
I doubt they'll take even the slightest risk, real or perceived, WRT
protecting Washington against an attack.

That's funny -- I was just thinking how the danged bureaucrats had
become so *bold* since 9/11.

It doesn't take any boldness to create a bunch of regulations to cover
your ass.

It's the populace that has become timid, in the face of the bloody
bureaucrats, in virtually all aspects of public life.

Yes; we are to blame for putting up with this bullcrap.

--
Dan

"There ought to be limits to freedom."
- George W. Bush

Old October 19th 05, 10:47 PM
Jimmy B.

George Patterson wrote:
Montblack wrote:

My niece worked in DC for a Senator. She said they seldom read e-mails
but always read snail mail.

Was this recently? For a while there after the anthrax scare,
congresscritters avoided reading snail mail. It also took months for it
to pass through the security stuff. What's that like now?

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your
neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.

Yeah, both of my senators have a statement on their WEB sites stating
that if you want them to see something, it has to be e-mail.

Old October 20th 05, 12:37 PM
Tom

Exactly!

Add to that the fact there are about 400,000 members of AOPA, and about
600,000 pilots total, and one does not even have 1% of the voting population
to draw from.

We are not the AARP, or the NRA who the politicians actually listen to on
occasion.

These letter writing campaigns are a waste of time and mean nothing to these
guys.

Tom
"Peter Duniho" wrote in message
"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
[...]
I think that if the powers that be see a significant volume of comments
opposing the proposed rule, they're gonna probably (I hope) notice.

One need only look at the outcome of other recent FAA NPRM, in which
thousands of "against" comments were provided without changing the
direction of the rule-making, to udnerstand that commenting on this NPRM
isn't going to have an effect either.

Face it: at this point in the game, with the NPRM already written and
published, the rule is as good as made. Whichever FAA bureaucrats put
this whole thing together, there's no way they're going to admit it's a
mistake.

Frankly, if anything, restricted airspace gives those FAA bureaucrats a
reason for being. It's the same reason ALL of our supposed "security
improvements" have been made: for some bizarre reason, the general public
is trusting those who get paid to create security to tell us how much
security we need.

Pete

Old October 21st 05, 04:24 AM
Cecil Chapman

Uh, Cecil, I believe you have misinterpreted my comment.

Well okay,,,, then I apologize for the 'obscenity' I screamed when I saw
your post wink,,,, I said you were probably a helicopter pilot
masquerading as an fixed wing pilot.... I feel so ashamed,,, used the 'H'
word,,,, I feel dirty now......

:0(...... GRIN ;0)

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old October 21st 05, 01:49 PM
Cecil Chapman

Dan