A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs

Old August 10th 15, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke
external usenet poster

Default Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs

Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs, NY spent two days filming a segment for the Travel Channel called America the Beautiful in May. The premise of the show is to provide adventures/ activities throughout different states in the US. The story here is that 17 year old Sadie Schwab, was to fly her first XC in a Duo Discus and I was flying along in my Discus 2a. We had cameras/ go pros mounted in the cockpit, on winglets, and the tail. They also chased us with a Cessna 206 with the door off to get a "big" camera shot. Hopefully, this will help promote the sport. This segment is expected to air in Sunday, August 23rd at 7 pm. We will see what the final editing will be like??

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/a...-the-beautiful

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.
2017 Barrett Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020

www.adirondacksoaring.com
Old August 10th 15, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring inSaratoga Springs

On Monday, August 10, 2015 at 12:22:05 PM UTC-6, Tim Hanke wrote:
Adirondack Soaring in Saratoga Springs, NY spent two days filming a segment for the Travel Channel called America the Beautiful in May. The premise of the show is to provide adventures/ activities throughout different states in the US. The story here is that 17 year old Sadie Schwab, was to fly her first XC in a Duo Discus and I was flying along in my Discus 2a. We had cameras/ go pros mounted in the cockpit, on winglets, and the tail. They also chased us with a Cessna 206 with the door off to get a "big" camera shot. Hopefully, this will help promote the sport. This segment is expected to air in Sunday, August 23rd at 7 pm. We will see what the final editing will be like??

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/a...-the-beautiful

Tim Hanke
Operations/ Treasurer

Adirondack Soaring Association, Inc.
2017 Barrett Road
Ballston Spa, New York 12020

www.adirondacksoaring.com

Can't wait to see this Tim. Thanks for making the effort to share Sadie's XC story!!! Will set the DVR for this.

Best,
Bruno - B4
Old August 10th 15, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Travel Channel - Soaring Filming at Adirondack Soaring inSaratoga Springs

Tim,

This is awesome! I apologize in advance for those who will come in here and poop on your efforts because you insert unreasonable demand here.

Great work. I'll be looking for it when it comes out.

Terry