FSX and Radeon 8500

Old August 21st 06, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Henri Arsenault

Default FSX and Radeon 8500

The specs say that FSX requires a 32 mb video card. I have an AGP
Radeon 8500 on my 2 GHz P4 with 512 Mb of memory, which should satisfy
the requirements, but the program tells me that my video card does not
satisfy the requirements - that I need to update the drivers (I think
that it has the latest update, which is somewhat old since ATI does not
support the card any more).

When I run the diagnostics suggested by the pop-up, it says that my
total video memory is 64 Mb, which should be enough. Does this mean that
the demo requires a better video card than the demo will require, or is
the requirements info wrong?

The demo runs just fine and very smoothly under Windows XP on My
dual-core Intel Mac Powerbook.

I wonder why they don't use Google Earth for the terrain? Everyone could
fly over their own favorite terrain, and it would save a lot of disk
space...

Henri
Old August 22nd 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Garrot[_1_]

Henri Arsenault wrote:
[...]

Your card probably doesn't support features it needs to run. Time to
upgrade as it would be quite slow on that card anyway.