Price for PA28-180

Old November 5th 04, 02:08 PM
Fly

Yep, in most cases the only repair available to a control surface is
to reskin.

I use to think that too, until I happen to look in a Cessna 310J service
manual which illustrates patches of control surfaces. One of several
examples is an outside doubler bent around the trailing edge of the
elevators.

So it depends.....

Kent Felkins
Tulsa

Old November 5th 04, 03:58 PM
C Kingsbury

"BTIZ" wrote in message

better to save those sheckles for a 150HP engine upgrade..

It's called buying a 172.

-cwk.

Old November 5th 04, 04:37 PM
C Kingsbury

"Billy" wrote in message
What do you think a reasonable price for the following would be.

I'd offer the guy $20k on the spot and wait for the screaming to stop. If he
hasn't chased you away with a bat by then, I'd calmly explain that what he's
selling is a 41 year-old plane with a high-time engine long past calendar
TBO, worthless avionics, and an airframe barely in serviceable condition.
It's practically scrap. Maybe he needs money bad.

Don't even think about putting real money into this plane unless you're
going to fly it into that salvage yard yourself. It may be only 3700TT but
it's very old and it ain't a classic and it ain't never gonna be one.

If he's willing to dump it near that price, I'd take it and do the cheapest
decent paint job you can find, reskin the control surfaces, and fix the
interior up myself. Now it looks like somebody's baby that grandpa bought
new and flew until he lost his medical. I'd avoid spending a penny on
anything not safety-of-flight related and fly it until I got sick of it.
When the engine goes tango-uniform I'd sell the whole damn thing to some
greater fool.

You might turn this into a $60k plane, but you'll spend at least $40k doing
it. Not worth the money, in my book.

-cwk.