Flying pants

Old August 7th 20, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Airport Bum

Default Flying pants

I am considering changing over to wearing my flight suit for my western/mountain flying next season. Lots of zippered pockets that won’t lose stuff in a bailout. Consider surplus if you can find it. Back in my flight test days, the company would issue me one for each test program, but they never had my size. I found one long ago at a surplus store that fit perfectly. $20 if I recall correctly, it was a steal.

Cheers,
Jim J6
Old August 7th 20, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 7:57:54 AM UTC-4, Airport Bum wrote:
I am considering changing over to wearing my flight suit for my western/mountain flying next season. Lots of zippered pockets that won’t lose stuff in a bailout. Consider surplus if you can find it. Back in my flight test days, the company would issue me one for each test program, but they never had my size. I found one long ago at a surplus store that fit perfectly. $20 if I recall correctly, it was a steal.

Cheers,
Jim J6

Down here in the great COVID state of Florida I wear baggy comfortable shorts, commando style, a nice Tommy Bahama shirt, comfortable Sanuk shoes and a floppy hat with a Margaritaville button on the side.

Old August 7th 20, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 4:17:25 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

And my favorite drink after towing or flying sailplanes is Rum and Coke with a twist or two of lime. Preferably Ron Matusalem. Gran Reserve 18 year or Frigate 10 year old.
Old August 7th 20, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, August 7, 2020 at 5:36:00 PM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
[...]

Oh, I almost forgot, I often carry my ITune player with me and listen to, A Pirate Looks At 40, a great Jimmy Buffett song. Jimmy was the first president of Rose City Soaring.
Old August 18th 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Here ya go Kevin, flying pants:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/92...ba5eae0a09.jpg
Old August 18th 20, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kevin anderson

There you go Dave, when I saw you had responded I got a smile on my face even before I opened the pic.

Hope you are doing well.

92
Old August 18th 20, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

On Monday, August 17, 2020 at 7:22:00 PM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
Here ya go Kevin, flying pants:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/92...ba5eae0a09.jpg

A couple of years ago I saw someone walking around the flightline at the Seniors wearing a utility kilt. Not sure if he flew with it on, but it's a brilliant solution for soaring in the Florida heat and simplifies the inflight relief setup.

PA
Old August 18th 20, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Behm

That's the uniform they use in the Scottish soaring schools, Paul.

Soaring pants. Yes, pants. Auxvache Soaring 18 February 15th 16 08:48 AM
Flying Pants designed for relief in flight [email protected] Soaring 16 May 21st 09 10:59 PM
Wheel pants Bob F.[_2_] Piloting 14 September 16th 08 06:56 PM
'Speed Pants'... .Blueskies. Home Built 14 December 14th 05 05:02 AM
Fancy Pants Nyal Williams Soaring 3 November 21st 04 03:45 PM