Has Anybody Seen This Footage?

Old February 2nd 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Has Anybody Seen This Footage?

Seems like there have been a lot of these lately, and I don't recall
coming across it, so my apologies if this one's already run it's course

http://www.kcra.com/video/6649725/index.html

Best Regards,
Todd

Old February 2nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Seems like there have been a lot of these lately,

Yup, more events of all kinds get caught on cameras these days. Soon it'll
probably be routine to have cameras built into small planes. Some of the
stored images will survive crashes, so we'll get to see a pilot's-eye view
as well.

--Gary

"We don't torture--we freedom-tickle." --Jon Stewart

Old February 2nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

three-eight-hotel wrote:

Seems like there have been a lot of these lately, and I don't recall
coming across it, so my apologies if this one's already run it's course

http://www.kcra.com/video/6649725/index.html

Wow. Disturbing.

I hadn't seen it before.

--
Peter
Old February 2nd 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Gary Drescher" wrote)
Yup, more events of all kinds get caught on cameras these days. Soon it'll
probably be routine to have cameras built into small planes. Some of the
stored images will survive crashes, so we'll get to see a pilot's-eye view
as well.

Nanny-cams built into the top of the tail.

http://www.kcra.com/video/6649725/index.html
K-Crash

Montblack

Old February 2nd 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yeah, that is a heart stopper... 4 people at the instant of death...
denny

Old February 2nd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

From LifeLine Pilots

RE PWK crash

As many of you are aware a fatal plane accident at PWK-Palwaukee, IL took
place on January 30, 2006 claiming the lives for four individuals. It is
with the deepest regret that LifeLine Pilots must inform you that Mark
Turek, IL volunteer pilot, was among the victims. This flight was not
LifeLine Pilots mission related. Mark had been a volunteer pilot for
LifeLine Pilots since 2000. While his compassion was demonstrated in the
missions he flew, he was also one of the few pilots that flew after the
tragedy on September 11th. The Air Care Alliance and National Aeronautics
Association awarded Mark with a Public Benefit Flying award for the mission
he flew from Palwaukee airport to Bethesda, MD transporting platelets for
Pentagon burn victims.

Services are as follows: Visitation Friday, February 3rd, 4
p.m. to 8 p.m. Funeral service Saturday, February 4th at 1 p.m. at
Donnellan Family Funeral Home, 10045 Skokie Blvd., at Old Orchard Rd,
Skokie, IL. A pilot memorial is planned for February 11th at the PWK
Airport.

The Turek family has requested memorials be made to the Mark Turek Memorial
Scholarship Fund c/o Morgan Stanley, attention Fran Schmidt, 2500 Lake Cook
Rd., Riverwoods, IL 60015.

Old February 2nd 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah, that is a heart stopper... 4 people at the instant of death...
denny

Well, then forgive me if I don't look.

But if you enjoy reading about that stuff...

http://www.kjct8.com/news/readnews.cfm?ID=5502

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturd...2/mother.shtml

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0206/299317.html

http://www.thederrick.com/stories/02022006-4105.shtml

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2...080042e013.txt

http://www.kbtv4.tv/news/default.asp...wnews&id=10376

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/s...96/detail.html

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s....5a637cfc.html

http://www.gazette.net/stories/01310...07_31925.shtml

http://www.cantondailyledger.com/art...news/news7.txt

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/n...y/13761701.htm

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...29408&nav=0Rce

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s....54185794.html

http://columbiamissourian.com/news/story.php?ID=18100

http://www.wcow.com/html/auto_accidents.html

Enough?

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

Old February 2nd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article . com,
"three-eight-hotel" wrote:

Seems like there have been a lot of these lately, and I don't recall
coming across it, so my apologies if this one's already run it's course
http://www.kcra.com/video/6649725/index.html

Yes, I saw it on the news last night.
Old February 3rd 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"three-eight-hotel" wrote in message
ups.com...
Seems like there have been a lot of these lately, and I don't recall
coming across it, so my apologies if this one's already run it's course

http://www.kcra.com/video/6649725/index.html

Best Regards,
Todd

WOW. Straight down, WTF happened? Sad.