Hangar Home under construction

Old January 13th 09, 04:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando[_3_]

Default Hangar Home under construction

ok.. three pics of a new home in our local fly-in community....
that hangar is huge.....

Glen in Orlando

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	32179  Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	32180  Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	32181
Old January 13th 09, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default Why do those houses gotta be so ugly?

In article om,
"Glen in Orlando" wrote:

ok.. three pics of a new home in our local fly-in community....
that hangar is huge.....

Glen in Orlando

begin 666 1.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 2.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 3.jpg
[Image]

end

I'm sure it's a really nice place to live, and having that kind of money
to allow the aviation lifestyle would be great. But why must those house
be so dang crappy looking? Everywhere I go: the more expensive a new
house is, the worse the architecture gets.
Old January 13th 09, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando

John...
I really didn't have the time to do that place justice..
you are right.. there were a number of homes that were
simply..well...hideous. On the other hand there were tons of very handsome,
well layed out/designed, properties... next time i'm up there i'll try to ad
some more variety...
glen in orland

Old January 13th 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

"John Meyer" wrote in message

I'm sure it's a really nice place to live, and having that kind of money
to allow the aviation lifestyle would be great. But why must those house
be so dang crappy looking? Everywhere I go: the more expensive a new
house is, the worse the architecture gets.

Some people get carried away with ornate designs (and landscaping) They
violate the KISS princple (Keep It Simple, Stupid!).

My favorite landscaping gripes:

1. Shrubbery planted too close to buildings, pool cages, etc, so you
can't get behind it to trim.

2. Wrong vegetation too close to buildings. Crepe myrtles are beautiful,
if in the yard. Close to buildings, they shed crap into the eaves and
their roots attack foundations.

I guess that landscapers think that everybody here has a lot of money,
so they plant things that require their services.

That said, this is the best community I have ever lived in! It is big
enough to have variety, yet common interests.

I much prefer the taxiways separated from road traffic, as we get a lot
of visitors who don't know how to mingle cars with airplanes on the
roadways.

Old January 13th 09, 10:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

Hope you don't mind, but I stitched pics 1 and 2 together using autostitch
(free program at www.autoatitch.net)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pano.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	373.4 KB
ID:	32204
Old January 13th 09, 11:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glen in Orlando

cool...

Old January 14th 09, 01:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Oviedo

"Oviedo" wrote in message

Hope you don't mind, but I stitched pics 1 and 2 together using autostitch
(free program at www.autoatitch.net)

That should be www.autostitch.net

I apologize for not wearing my reading glasses. Beside my eyesight going
with age, my mind fails to remind me to wear them.

Old January 14th 09, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
"Oviedo" wrote:

"Oviedo" wrote in message

Hope you don't mind, but I stitched pics 1 and 2 together using autostitch
(free program at www.autoatitch.net)

That should be www.autostitch.net

I apologize for not wearing my reading glasses. Beside my eyesight going
with age, my mind fails to remind me to wear them.

Just remember -- the second thing that goes is your memory -- I forget
what the first thing is. ;)