CYOW Pirep

Old June 30th 05, 02:13 AM
LWG

Default CYOW Pirep

I am thinking about flying to CYOW (Ottawa McDonald Cartier) this weekend.
Could anyone give local advice re Customs and FBOs?

I have flown into Canada several times, but never through CYOW.

I'm thinking about returning through Syracuse. I usually go through
Rochester, and the USCS people there couldn't be any nicer or more
professional. But Syracuse is alot closer to my route of flight.

Any advice would be appreciated.

LWG

Old June 30th 05, 11:58 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "LWG" said:
I am thinking about flying to CYOW (Ottawa McDonald Cartier) this weekend.
Could anyone give local advice re Customs and FBOs?

Well, I'm flying there later today. I generally go to Esso Avitat. The
other major FBO on the field is Shell Aerocenter. I've been happy with
the service at Avitat and I have had no reason to try Aerocenter.
Sometimes they'll bring a cordless phone out to the plane for you to call
1-888-CANPASS, but usually I use my cell phone.

In a dozen or so trips there, I've been met by a customs officer exactly
once, and I think he was there because there was a larger aircraft
arriving just before me.

If you go this weekend, look for a white with blue Piper Lance, N43977.
That's me.

I'm thinking about returning through Syracuse. I usually go through
Rochester, and the USCS people there couldn't be any nicer or more
professional. But Syracuse is alot closer to my route of flight.

I'm based in Rochester, so that's where I clear customs.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."