Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Old June 10th 07, 10:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Default Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Does anyone know where I can get the blue prints/plans for the Grumman
Albatross float plane? Any help will be appreciated.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Old June 11th 07, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

That would be a ton of blueprints!

I don't have a clue on where to start except for some of the museums...

JT

Old June 11th 07, 02:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote in message
Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Does anyone know where I can get the blue prints/plans for the Grumman
Albatross float plane? Any help will be appreciated.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

the albatross is a flying boat not a float plane.

Old June 11th 07, 03:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Ray O'Hara wrote:

snip

the albatross is a flying boat not a float plane.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know where I can get a hold of plans?

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Old June 11th 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

Grumman Albatross Float plane Plans

Does anyone know where I can get the blue prints/plans for the Grumman
Albatross float plane? Any help will be appreciated.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

===
Grumpy,
I guess my request was rather general in nature. I am actually looking for
interior plans and/or pictures. I am working on two 1/72 scale
Albatross's. One is being built similar to Jimmy Buffett's Hemisphere
Dancer (picture attached) that is parked at the Orlando, FL Margaritaville,
the other is being built as the Sun and Fun restoration that I have
attached. The idea of looking in museum archives had not crossed my mind
and it is a good lead - Thanks.

Ray
Austin, TX
===

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hemisphere_Dancer.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	12967  Click image for larger version

Name:	0620580.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	12968
Old June 12th 07, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

[...]

You might also contact Northrup-Grumman.

I spent a lot of time in these planes (S-16 version IIRC) island hopping
in Micronesia in the 1969-1971 time frame. Noisy but very reliable.

I thought that you had plans to moor one on Lake Travis...

JT

Old June 12th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
C Charland

It's a plane and it floats,BUT it is not a float plane. It's an amphibious
flying boat.

Old June 12th 07, 04:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman wrote:

[...]

I would probably do so if I had one, but the PC city council we have would put an
end to that idea real fast.

Ray
===

Old June 12th 07, 05:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bobby Galvez

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

You might also contact Northrup-Grumman.

I spent a lot of time in these planes (S-16 version IIRC) island hopping
in Micronesia in the 1969-1971 time frame. Noisy but very reliable.

I thought that you had plans to moor one on Lake Travis...

JT

I would probably do so if I had one, but the PC city council we have would put an
end to that idea real fast.

Ray
===

Lake Travis is outside of the jurisdiction of City of Austin.

You'd be dealing with LCRA on that one. And you'd still probably be SOL.

BobbyG