DAY 4 U.S. Open Class Nationals

Old July 2nd 05, 07:10 PM

Default DAY 4 U.S. Open Class Nationals

With Dick Butler in the lead and Heinz and Nelson battling it out for
2nd place, the initial forecast has the tasking committee calling a TAT
of about 240 miles nominal distance. to Chelan (20), Fisher Ranch (15),
Dry Falls (10). A front went through last night with strong, gusty
winds. Today there are a lot of low based (morning) cu, with a
possibility of overdevelopment in the North East.

More to Follow

Gary Kemp

Old July 3rd 05, 04:23 AM

Pilot Place Points Speed Distance

Butler 2 974 83.08 300.53
Weissenbuehler 3 938 79.96 300.29
Funston 4 914 78.01 272.96
Kemp 4 914 78.0 276.76
Willat 1 1000 85.30 319.52
Northcraft 7 862 73.55 263.75
Milner 9 806 68.71 238.44
Cordell 9 806 68.73 240.4
Newgard 8 822 70.10 265.96

Hope you can read these, don't have cumulative, but pilots are in order
of total placing.

Very good day, 9 kts to 9000 feet off tow. 5-6 kt average, I had one
thermal of 10kts to 11,000 feet. We flew mostly on the edge of clouds
for the day, and going far into the second turn got us to the Snake
River,
there was a blue area into the second turn but there were many dust
devils and good lift.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:17 AM
jphoenix

Can read them fine Gary, thanks for posting the results.

Jim

Old July 3rd 05, 03:24 PM

Butler, ASW 22 BL (modified, 88footwing)
Weissenbuehler Nimbus 4
Funston Nimbus 4M
Kemp Nimbus 3
Willat Nimbus 3