Bush Flew Fighter Jets During Vietnam

Old July 11th 04, 10:10 AM
Cub Driver

Bush skipped the last two years of his commitment.

A lie. www.warbirdforum.com/bushf102.htm

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! weblog www.vivabush.org
Old July 11th 04, 10:12 AM
Cub Driver

What happened? Did your scalp lose an argument with the prop?

I wear a ball cap in lieu of sunglasses. With the bill forward, you
can't see the aileron horn coming at you. I gained a new appreciation
for low-wing aircraft, and for the college kids wearing their ball
caps backwards.

Old July 11th 04, 10:20 AM
Cub Driver

Did not/does not the Air Force have some sort of equivalent to OCS?
One that prospective second lieutenants go through?

Probably more than one at the time.

Bush went into the ANG as an airman basic. After three months active
duty for training he was commissioned 2nd Lt and assigned to the 111th
TFS. It was indeed an accepted officer-training route in 1968.

Old July 11th 04, 10:23 AM
Cub Driver

Many officers were there because
that was the only war we had at the time and war means promotions,
officer or enlisted lifer.

The laugh line among junior officers in Vietnam in 1964 was: "It's a
lousy war, but it's the only war we've got!"

Old July 11th 04, 12:49 PM
WalterM140

A couple years ago, Art became a tired and tiresome old man. Too bad!

Art's ability to see that Bush is a complete disaster is a credit to him.

Art -is- pretty pugnacious though.

Walt
Old July 11th 04, 01:01 PM
WalterM140

ANG pilots were direct commissioned? All of them?

Walt

He went through OTS.

Bush went through OTS? That contradicts James Webb, who said he did not.

Also -this- document -- released by Bush -- shows that he completed enlisted
training on 9/3/68 and was commissioned a 2nd lt -- the very next day!

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc14.gif

Bush got special treatment from first to last. His records have been sanitized
and completed -after- he ducked out for two years. BUT there -is- a document
extant that PROVES at least a 16 month gap in his service.

Walt

Old July 11th 04, 01:04 PM
WalterM140

Actually the ANG calls it something different...at least they did in 1994
when
I went through UPT with 4 Guardsmen. Little did they know that they were
recieving special treatment. Please don't engage "Walt", he doesn't have a

clue
about the military or aviation and as such is not worth your time. IMHO,

"Walt"
is the worst troll I've seen here *ever*. At least Venik and the rest of the
"Serb loonies" were discussing aviation related matters....fantasy aviation,
but aviation none-the-less.

BUFDRVR

Bush -did-not- go through OTS or any other officer qualification program.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc14.gif

He was commissioned the day -- after-- he completed a basic airman course.

Walt

Old July 11th 04, 01:05 PM
Smartace11

My quick and dirty reference (the one which most readily
falls to hand) indicates that the F-102 had a max speed
of 825 mph with a J57-P engine,

The F-106 is listed with a max speed of 1,530 mph with the
the same J57-P engine.

The F-106 had the same engine as the F-105, the J-75. Much larger engine

http://www.f-106deltadart.com/j75-motor.htm

Old July 11th 04, 01:06 PM
Brett

"Bill Shatzer" wrote in message

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in

The F-102A was area ruled.

I had thought that was exactly the problem with the F-102;
that it was NOT area ruled.

My quick and dirty reference (the one which most readily
falls to hand) indicates that the F-102 had a max speed
of 825 mph with a J57-P engine,

The F-106 is listed with a max speed of 1,530 mph with the
the same J57-P engine.

Something has to be going on there with the aerodynamics to
account for an 85% increase in speed with essentially the
same engine producing essentially the same thrust.

They didn't use the same engine, the F-102A and the F-106A were both ruled
but the F-106A had dry what the F-102A had with afterburning.

F-102A:
One Pratt & Whitney J57-P-23 turbojet, 10,200 lb.s.t. dry and 16,000 lb.s.t.
with afterburning, or a J57-P-25, 11,700 lb.s.t. dry and 17,200 lb.s.t. with
afterburning.

F-106A:
One Pratt & Whitney J75-P-17 turbojet, 17,200 lb.s.t. dry and 24,500 lb.s.t
with afterburning.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve WalterM140 Military Aviation 196 June 14th 04 11:33 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM