What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

Old August 17th 18, 08:51 PM
Brett Brett is offline
Member

Location: New Zealand

No, I am not. Okay, perhaps I am on the high side by $20,000. If you have never ordered a new glider, budget twenty percent more than you price it out. In September of 2015 a new well equipped ASG-29Es delivered to Houston was $194K. A worse exchange rate, a yearly increase in price, shipping costs will be higher, new model base price increase...several years wait with more yearly price increase. EVERYTHING is an option that costs. If you are ordering a new 15/18 German or South African glider with a turbo for delivery in three years, it could get really uncomfortable if you do not have the better part of a quarter million dollars budgeted. I have ordered several new gliders and have always been unpleasantly surprised at how much more they cost than I had priced and how much longer they took to arrive than promised.[/quote]

Well with respect Jonathon I have a pretty good idea of the costs, being that I have owned two new JS1's, and currently own a JS3.
Oh, and I am also a Jonkers agent with current price lists.

Regards, Brett
Old August 17th 18, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What magic do the JS3 and Ventus 3 have that the ASG-29 Does not?

I was never much good at forecasting financial markets. So several months before delivery of my ASW 24 in late 1991, I began worrying that the exchange rate (D-mark) would move against me. So I bought a DM call option. I forget the amount but the contract almost covered what I owed Schleicher. It was slightly out of the money with a short-term expiration date so it seemed like cheap insurance. If the exchange rate remained the same or the DM weakened, I would lose only the small amount invested. But when the day arrived, the DM had appreciated a bit and my option was now slightly in the money. So I had a modest gain to offset the higher amount of US$ I would have to pay for my DMs. I was about to close out my position when I discovered that the type of option I had bought (European style?) allowed me to exercise through my brokerage account and actually take delivery of the underlying currency in any bank account I wished, in this case Schleicher's bank. Wow! I avoided various wire transfer fees plus currency conversion costs and got the "big bank" exchange rate. OK, the savings weren't huge: IIRC, on the order of $500 in total. But I was pretty pleased with myself. That was my last new glider.

Chip Bearden
Old August 18th 18, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

wrote on 8/17/2018 2:41 PM:
[...]

For first new glider I bought (ASW20C), I researched currency markets, trying to
figure out what to do. The dealer, John Murray, told me "If I was any good at
understanding currency markets, I'd be buying gliders instead of selling them". By
the time I figured out the perfect strategy, the Mark had fallen to long-time low,
and I got the glider cheap when I converted my dollars to Marks.

When I bought my second new glider (ASH26E), I used the same approach, but the
Mark kept going up and up and ... So, lost ground on that one, but it's been a
terrific glider for 25 seasons, and my wife loves it ("it always gets home").

Old August 18th 18, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Irrelevant, the winglets changed were on a JS1C, as I said in the post.
The reading comprehension of the US posters is astonishingly poor.
$250k in Aust dollars is the current price for a used js1c available in Australia, so a new one would be more.
Old August 18th 18, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Man "Charlie Quibec " it seems you have nothing better to do than post negative crap on every topic on RAS, be it TFR's or v3vs js1. I think its about time you got off here and get a life or get laid or take a chill pill. Do something, anything, to get a better attitude. We surely dont need any more of your sniffle and dribble.
Old August 19th 18, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 1:09:04 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Man "Charlie Quibec " it seems you have nothing better to do than post negative crap on every topic on RAS, be it TFR's or v3vs js1. I think its about time you got off here and get a life or get laid or take a chill pill. Do something, anything, to get a better attitude. We surely dont need any more of your sniffle and dribble.

AMEN to that! I was just thinking Charlie Questionable ought to get off his computer and go kick the dog.

Tom
Old August 21st 18, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

--
Brett

Maybe you could correct the record by advising what the current price is.
UH
Old August 22nd 18, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

I wonder if either JS3 or Ventus 3 has proper landing flaps, or just flaperons like earlier Ventus and JS1?
There is magic in the ASG29's landing flaps.
Jim
Old August 22nd 18, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Perhaps you could go back to your usual bigoted racist trolling Tom C.
Old August 22nd 18, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Where you Tom C should go back to bigoted racist trolling on other people’s facebook page.

IFR Magic video [email protected] Piloting 1 May 22nd 08 01:53 PM
IFR Magic [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 0 May 22nd 08 02:36 AM
MAGIC TRICKS Moci Arane Soaring 0 July 23rd 07 05:56 PM
MAGIC TRICKS [email protected] Piloting 4 July 18th 07 10:07 PM
25 is magic number tongaloa Home Built 13 February 18th 04 01:31 AM