EW to PDA question...

Old September 14th 05, 09:14 PM
Bob

Default EW to PDA question...

Has anyone out there been able to download a trace directly from an EW
logger to a PDA?

Just curious...

Bob

Old September 14th 05, 09:28 PM
Wayne Paul

Yes, there is a piece of software called EWtoIGC. Paul sales the software;
however, it requires a custom interface cable. (The serial cable that Paul
also sales is missing a required connection..)

ps.com...

Old September 14th 05, 11:08 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

Interesting. I guess I never noticed that the PGaEW-1 cable was designed so
that the EW cannot transmit data to the PDA. It is designed so the PDA can
transmit to the Garmin GPS. That is useful for download flight tracks from
the Garmin. That can be changed, or we could make a new cable with a panel
mounted switch that would allow you to select whether the PDA talks to the
EW or the Garmin. Larry Goddard is amazing at creating cables for any
purpose. We would be glad to create a custom cable for downloading flight
logs only. It would connect an EW directly to a PDA. Let me know if you
are interested and I'll add it to my web site.

EWtoIGC is available he
http://www.soarmn.com/cumulus/birecki.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message
Yes, there is a piece of software called EWtoIGC. Paul sales the
software;
however, it requires a custom interface cable. (The serial cable that
Paul
also sales is missing a required connection..)

ps.com...

Old September 15th 05, 01:40 PM
Jancsika

Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Interesting. I guess I never noticed that the PGaEW-1 cable was designed so
that the EW cannot transmit data to the PDA. It is designed so the PDA can
transmit to the Garmin GPS. That is useful for download flight tracks from
the Garmin. That can be changed, or we could make a new cable with a panel
mounted switch that would allow you to select whether the PDA talks to the
EW or the Garmin.

This is what we put together for PDA based task declaration to EW and
NMEA distribution (to EW and PDA). It works also for reading.
http://bauerj.fw.hu/soarpilot/EW/

/Janos

182RG question Paul Anton Owning 11 May 16th 05 09:45 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM