C-152 Leaseback: what's the scoop?

Old July 14th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default C-152 Leaseback: what's the scoop?

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
Scrooge McDuck wrote in
news
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:35:38 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"RST Engineering" wrote in
news:B9WdnVlnRNZpAerVnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernew s.com:

That's not true.

Yeah, I don't see what 135 has to do with instructing either, unless
they've changed something!

It doesn't having anything to do 'per se' with instructing. It has
everything to do with providing the plane in which the instruction
is being done.

135 is for air taxi, pretty much end of story unless they've
rewritten it since I did it.

Bertie

Since you did what? Trip on your dick?

Can be a problem.

Obviously not for you, dickless.

Bertie
Old July 14th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Can be a problem.

Obviously not for you, dickless.

Bertie

I could throw you enough you wouldn't have room to say thank you.

Old July 14th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Scrooge McDuck wrote:

It doesn't having anything to do 'per se' with instructing. It has
everything to do with providing the plane in which the instruction is
being done.

I know several flight schools who don't have 135 certificates.
Old July 15th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
gatt[_5_]

NW_Pilot wrote:

Gatt you been in my C-150M it runs and flys good since I am so busy I am
concedering a leaseback if i can make some money or a sale

Yeah, that's a sweet little airplane.

Would Aero Maintenance do it? I can talk to Gorge Winds if you want but
I don't know if he's got room anymore. Marv's probably pretty stoked,
though; they were rolling P-2s and P-3 firebombing sorties out of there
all day, and guess who got to sell them fuel.

I love this weak us dollar : )

If the media ever quits whining and howling about it, people will catch
on that now's the time to start investing. The rest of the world
figured it out but so many Americans seem to be mush-minded and
terrified of the economic cycle. (Most of the damage that happened to
the American economy happened when the dollar was strongest, such as the
housing and dot com bubbles.)

-c

Old July 16th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Maxie brags about his 1.3 inches

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:bjOek.20406$oY2.15212
@newsfe21.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Can be a problem.

Obviously not for you, dickless.

Bertie

I could throw you enough you wouldn't have room to say thank you.

Yeh,

"if you gotta tell 'em..."

Bertie
Old July 21st 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

:

I can't speak to the 152 directly, but we used to run 150s and
their poor performance plus the fact that the O-200 often needed upper
cylinder work halfway to TBO (and sometimes more often) meant that
they cost us as much to operate as the 172s. The student spent most of
his time climbing, either in the circuit or during upper air work, and
didn't get through the syllabus as quickly. More hours means more
money he has to spend, not good value for the student, so we let them
go and I don't miss them.
We did look into replacing them with 152s, but my research
indicated (Aviation Consumer and so forth) that they had plenty of
issues with their 24-volt system, not least of which was poor battery
life due to heat and vibration, and those batteries cost three or four
times as much as a 25AH 12-volt battery. The only advantage I could
find was the 2400-hour TBO on the O-235, but we have a Citabria 7ECA
with one of those and it suffers corrosion problems in the cylinders
because it runs too cold, and I've heard the same thing about that
engine in other airplanes. The corrosion causes pitting in the
cylinders, and the rings wear the cylinders faster as they run over
those pits, so that a sharp ridge is formed at the bottom of the ring
travel that starts shaving the aluminum piston pin plugs. More
teardowns and repairs and downtime halfway to TBO. Add to that the
solid lifters (the O-235 is the only Lyc with them) that need checking
every 100 hours, meaning that baffling has to be pulled off and the
rocker covers removed, more time and money, and any savings over a 172
disappears.
Lots of stuff to consider. It's worth noting that Cessna
didn't bother building them anymore. Not many people interested, I
think.

Performance difference is very noticible between 150/152 and usually
cruised better than the 172. Fuel burn was about the same, just covered
alot more ground in the same time period and the STOL tips and wheel
pants were a help. Put in a voltage converter to overcome the 24v issues
(those most aviation GPS's are dual voltage tolerant). Guy we sold it to
dropped valves. Had single CHT/EGT indicator and it always read cruise
in the normal range...