MKIII yaw string sale

Old June 4th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default MKIII yaw string sale

Like the Spitfire of WWII fame that inspired it's name, the "high tech" yaw
string improves again, with the MKIV replacing the MKIII. Front line units
are already being equipped with the IV.

Normally I throw away old stock if I've made an improvement, and start
selling the new, better one right away (probably not smart from a P/L
perspective). This time I've decided to sell the limited number of MKIII's
remaining at clearance price of $6 USD, 40% off the regular price of $10.
Contact me by email for availability - - first come etc.

The new MKIV's clear base looks almost identical to the MKIII it replaces.
The base is now made from a softer plastic to better conform to the canopy
curve. The base also has a thermoformed yarn channel that, along with the
new plastics better adhesion properties, should eliminate the cosmetic
problem of bubbles sometimes forming in the base laminate.

The new MKIV base required different tooling and assembly processes, and is
more tedious to assemble . . . still, price remains $10 USD (includes
domestic shipping). Available in natural wool (red, royal blue, light blue,
yellow) or synthetic yarn (previous colors plus white and turquoise).

bumper
zz
Minden NV
bumperm at att dot net

Old June 5th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yo Bump,

Are they PMA'd, STC'd or TSO'd? Because my local IA/FAA FSDO/CFI says
I can't install it unless it has the Good Gliderkeeping Seal of
Approval! What about dampening, I hate it when it vibrates back and
forth at 150hZ at the lower speeds.

;-)

Old June 5th 09, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Jun 4, 1:45*pm, "bumper" wrote:
[...]

Pictures of the new model please??
Old June 5th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Jun 4, 4:45*pm, "bumper" wrote:
[...]

Great. Just great. Planned obsolescence. Clearly, this is just
another ploy by Bumper to get rich on the backs of poor glider folk.
When will it all end?

Erik Mann
LS8/18 P3 fully equipped with a MKIII (or is it a MKII) yawstring AND
the Quiet Vent MKII rev. 3.1

Old June 5th 09, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno

On Jun 4, 2:45*pm, "bumper" wrote:
[...]

I would buy the new product but I am still liking my 3 year old MKII
yaw string too much to want to remove it.

Bruno
Old June 5th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

"Uncle Fuzzy" wrote in message

Pictures of the new model please??

Pictures of the "old" MKIII are at:

http://s674.photobucket.com/albums/vv107/bumperm/

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the new MKIV yet, however they look

Old June 5th 09, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

"Papa3" wrote in message

Great. Just great. Planned obsolescence. Clearly, this is just
another ploy by Bumper to get rich on the backs of poor glider folk.
When will it all end?

Erik Mann
LS8/18 P3 fully equipped with a MKIII (or is it a MKII) yawstring AND
the Quiet Vent MKII rev. 3.1

busted

Now how am I gonna afford one of those new ASH31Mi's

bumper
zz
(old, outdated, obsolete ASH26E)

Old June 5th 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

wrote in message
Yo Bump,

Are they PMA'd, STC'd or TSO'd? Because my local IA/FAA FSDO/CFI says
I can't install it unless it has the Good Gliderkeeping Seal of
Approval! What about dampening, I hate it when it vibrates back and
forth at 150hZ at the lower speeds.

;-)

Not TSO'd, PMA'd, or STC'd. They are, however, J.C.Whitney, NAPA, and
McMaster-Carr approved, which is just as good, maybe better (Orville and
Wilbur didn't give a rat's _ _ _ about acronym groups). But, the MKIV does
come with the coveted Sham-Wow, Slap-Chop, Energy Star seal of approval

Damping is excellent at tested speeds below .21 Mach. Much above that, the
pilot may have other issues with which to concern himself, rather than his
nice looking yaw string.

bumper

Old June 5th 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

"Bruno" wrote in message

I would buy the new product but I am still liking my 3 year old MKII
yaw string too much to want to remove it.

Bruno

Bruno,

A 3 year old MKII is suspect and may no longer be your trusted friend. It is
likely to suffer from phase reversal and thus may have lost most of its
ability to reliably locate thermals. To test for this problem, sprinkle some
water on it and see if it smells like an old sheep. You should order a new
MKIV with synthetic yarn immediately - - it will never smell like old sheep.
(g)

bumper
zz
Minden

Old June 5th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Bumper,

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!!! Funny!

Paul Remde

Clear Yaw string tape? Bruno Soaring 42 August 30th 13 05:56 PM
Improvements to MKIII and Quiet Vent bumper Soaring 1 January 16th 09 03:29 PM
Wikipedia:Yaw string Doug Haluza Soaring 18 January 30th 07 02:52 PM
Yaw String in a Spin John Galloway Soaring 52 January 21st 05 10:14 PM
Yaw String refference - Spinning Vassilios Mazis Soaring 1 January 18th 05 07:30 AM