P-51 question.

Old August 23rd 03, 02:25 AM
Tex Houston

wrote in message
"Ed Majden" wrote:

You should take you blinders off and stop getting your version of
history from Hollywood movies!

And you should stick your maple-leaf colored blinders where
the sun don't shine. Like I said, the NYC police department has
more personnel than the entire "Forces Armees Canadiennes."

-Mike Marron

You're a rude *******, aren't you? Wrong, too.

Tex Houston

Old August 23rd 03, 07:26 AM
patrick savoie

a écrit dans le message de
"patrick savoie" wrote:

[Kramer's non-sequiter's snipped]

Thank you Sir, on behalf of my predecessors and my comrades-in-arms,

Whether you realize it or not, you're thanking him for playing
to the gallery. Hitler was a master at playing to the gallery (e.g:
persuading others to his point of view by appealing to their emotions
instead of presenting evidence to support his twisted views).

In other words, ask yourself the following question: if the RCAF was
the 4th largest after WW2, where does it rank NOW and why?

-Mike Marron

It ranks middle-to-low due to geo-political considerations ... much as the
USAF ranks high and now the Russion Federation's Air Force (I just can't
remember their new name) ranking is going down for political consideration.

In our one-global-power world everyone has a tendency to rank against the
strongest as opposed to comparing apples-to-apples (we are slightly behind
Australia who has the same large-country-with-small-population problem as
us) . Our population cannot sustain an Air Force such as the USAF (or even
US Naval Air) but then neither can most liberal democratic countries.

Talk to a few Flag participants (Red or Maple) about the abilities of the
Canadian Air Force you could be surprised. ...or look at number of sorties
performed by Canadians for DS1 or over Kosovo and compare that to the few
planes we actually had there ...

My point is that it can be surprising what a small Air Force can do with
motivated pilots & groundcrew even with outdated aircraft. Can we invade
another country? No but then we don't want too. Can we do our part in
coalition forces when our government decides it is in our best interest?
Yes. For a middle country like ours that is what counts.That's where we,
along with the past performance of our predecessors in the RCAF, can take
pride in our work.

Although we do not produce our own combat aircraft, we are participants in
almost all American combat aircraft production from screws & seals to
complete airframe components. 3/4 of all the A/F-18 A/B/C/D nose-barrel
portion of the airframe (where the radar & gun are located ... built in
Montreal) is just one example

We are a participant in the JSF, build components for the A/F-22 (that's how
the USAF identifies it now ... it's even written on their hangar in Nellis),
particpate in weapons production, etc... Somewhere along the way, our
manufacturers stopped fighting the giant American combat a/c & weapons
production system and simply joined it. I believe it benefitted both our
countries.

Pat

Old August 23rd 03, 04:06 PM

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote:
wrote:

(BTW, when you're ready to graduate from a "wannabe" to a real pilot,
my rates for flight instruction is $85/hr.)

Jesus! Whatever happened to $18.50/hr ?

Hey, what can I say...when you're good you're good!

-Mike (damn good) Marron
Old August 23rd 03, 06:01 PM
Ed Majden

Re Mike Marron's comments:

I think Canada is holding its own on the fight on terrorism. We just
sent around 2000 troops to Afghanistan and have taken command of the Kaboul
region. We have troops on various other assignments. True we didn't go to
Iraq but that is partly a fault of the USA as they didn't get the UN on
board. The politics of this is complicated. The US is now asking for UN
help! You have been reading too much in what seems to be our left wing
press. If you broke down some of these polls by region, support for the US
is stronger as you head west. Quebec has always been a pacifict province.
Remember the conscription crisis in WWII. It is true that our military has
been drastically cut back. Very sad! This is NO reason to knock the present
serving members. They are doing one hell of a job with the equipment
provided. Governments change and so will this. I forgot to mention our
ships and aircraft patrolling the Gulf supporting the war on terrorism.
By the way, ask the people that were diverted to Canadian airports after
9/11 what they think of the Canadian reception. I think many of your
opinions would change if you talked to these folks. We could argue politics
but I don't think this newsgroup is the place to do it.

Old August 25th 03, 02:21 AM

"John C. Baker" wrote:

Do I believe that America was to blame for 9-11? Yes -- in the sense
that the terrorists were attacking the United States because of its
Mid-East policies.

This crock of **** doesn't even deserve a valid response because
if it ain't flamebait, it damn sure oughta' be!

-Mike Marron
Old August 25th 03, 02:27 AM
Andrew Chaplin

Ed Majden wrote:

wrote in message
First you blame America for the demise of the AVRO CF-105 (because we
didn't subsidize YOUR aircraft industry) and now you blame the USA
for Canada's weaseling out of going to Iraq because we didn't get
the UN onboard
-Mike Marron

I just pointed out that one of the reasons the Arrow was cancelled was
that the USA would not buy it. Now lets look at the hard facts!

Canada bought: USA bought
F86
Banshee
T-33 ZIP
CF-104
CF-101
CF-5
CIM10B Bomarc
C130 Herc
CF-18
and others!

Now who is supporting who's aircraft industry!

The U.S. bought de Havilland Beavers, Caribous and Buffalos, IIRC.
Now, that's not much, but it's a start.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

GPT (Gulfport MS) ILS 14 question A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 18 January 30th 05 04:51 PM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Tecumseh Engine Mounting Question jlauer Home Built 7 November 16th 03 01:51 AM