Floats on small aircraft

Old February 13th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Floats on small aircraft

wrote in message
oups.com...
T,

Im lookin online now for the price of the kits..I fnd one whose floats
were only ard $1500 new.

BR

Look at the Zenith 801 @ http://www.zenithair.com/

Old February 13th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

If you really want to get funky a Ranger
powered Fairchild 24 on straight floats

Awesome plane! I learned to fly in one of those!
I think the cost won't be as friendly as the plane, though...

Piero

Old February 13th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I would like to see more kits of a real amphibian, preferably ones of a
weight and performance that would put them solidly in the new light sport
aircraft. Now for the real kicker; one that does not use the "overpriced"
Rotax. (plus I don't like Rotax!) g

I know! I'll just design and build one! (I wish/hope)

A couple of guys on our airport just purchased Mermaids which I think
are Czech built. They are beautiful, mostly built, but expensive and
are light sport aircraft eligible. Engine used is optional.

Old February 13th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

http://www.douglasdc3.com/float/float.htm
Too big? g

You know, the old lady looks completely different, sitting on the ground -
without the butt sitting down on the ground! g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 14th 06, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article , LJ wrote:

A kitfox would do it,But Skystar is bankrupted.A used series 6 or 7.
LJ

Kitfoxes on floats can carry two men and a couple of hundred pounds of
gear? I flew a demo at the factory a few years ago, and it didn't seem
quite that big.
Old February 14th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Well there's a heap of ideas and I appreciate it:

So far, I've looked at some nice machines:

The Mermaid looks nice. Might need larger engine for better useful
load. I've always wanted a widgeon. Are there other single engine
pushers? Here's some intereresting videos:

http://www.skyshops.org/mermaid-main.htm

The Rebel looks good and I really like the SR3500 but don't need that
capacity.

Also, the BearHawk http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepBearhawk260.html
may be an option also. It has 51% complete option.

Dang, So much to do so little time..G

Thanks All for your comments. I looked at all the ideas..

BR
=====================

Old February 14th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wrote

The Mermaid looks nice. Might need larger engine for better useful
load. I've always wanted a widgeon. Are there other single engine
pushers? Here's some intereresting videos:

Aircraft Spruce and Supply has plans and materials for another
pusher/seaplane/amphibian, but I can't for the life of me think of the name
right now.

It (and as will most other offerings) fall well short of you desired useful
load.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 15th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

For such a relatively short flying distance of 20-40 miles
and given the fishing objective I'd compromise on the load
carrying capacity and take a look at a flying inflatable boat:
http://www.polarismotor.it/
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me