Icing conditions

Old December 1st 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Beckman

Default Mx (Was: Icing conditions)

"Jose" wrote in message
et...
Impressive! Fab pix, tons of info.....

Is the info correct?

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).

As long as it's correct to him, that's all that matters...

:O/

Jay B

Old December 1st 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Kev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Ross Richardson" wrote in message
Maybe Mx is a college graduate working on a Ph.D. in psychology and
studying behavior on the internet. And, he just happened to like flying
(sim or otherwise) and is using this as his research. Just a thought.

Interesting theory but his history when searched on Google by doesn't
back
it up. Here's his home page if you are interested.

http://www.atkielski.com/

I might be in my fifties, but I can admire a kid with such a strong
(albeit weird) personality. And I can see why he'd ruffle the feathers
of weaker souls and those with sticks up their pompous you-know-whats.

If you can admire a guy that can barely make a living and that attacks women
because of their breastfeeding decisions you have some pretty damn low
standards.

Old December 1st 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Marco Leon

Default Icing conditions

My 4 year old keeps asking "why" about everything too. Eventually one
of his "whys" will make me think but that doesn't mean he'll understand
or care about the answer.

B A R R Y wrote:
Dave wrote:

It was 30 some years ago when I was pumping "stupid" questions to a
pilot..

Personally, I think some of the questions keep me sharp. Some of the
"stupid" questions make me reach for the AIM or a chart to look up the
info before I post.

Old December 1st 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kev

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Kev" wrote in message
I might be in my fifties, but I can admire a kid with such a strong
(albeit weird) personality. And I can see why he'd ruffle the feathers
of weaker souls and those with sticks up their pompous you-know-whats.

If you can admire a guy that can barely make a living and that attacks women
because of their breastfeeding decisions you have some pretty damn low
standards.

Someone barely making a living doesn't bother me, since that's a
relative thing. Any anti-breastfeeding opinion would bother me if he
were older or had kids. Actually, it's hard to find anyone without
kids who is enlightened on that topic. Where was that on his website?

So are we also now going to have to ask each person on this group what
their breastfeeding opinions are? Might as well start a political
debate too. Sigh.

Kev

Old December 1st 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Kev writes:

Someone barely making a living doesn't bother me, since that's a
relative thing. Any anti-breastfeeding opinion would bother me if he
were older or had kids. Actually, it's hard to find anyone without
kids who is enlightened on that topic. Where was that on his website?

I once was involved in discussions on lactation in a forum on
pediatrics, as I recall. Some people have many misconceptions
concerning lactation, including many lactation women. Pregnancy and
childcare, like dieting, are overrun by superstition.

The topic, as I recall, was actually someone aviation-related.
Someone asserted that a baby cannot go for the duration of an entire
airplane flight without being fed, and that is simply not true. Even
drinking is not strictly necessary, but certainly food intake
(including breastfeeding) is not.

Old December 1st 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kev

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
If you can admire a guy that can barely make a living and that attacks women
because of their breastfeeding decisions you have some pretty damn low
standards.

Not such low standards that I have to resort to half-truths.

Did you mean the thread in rec.travel.air in 2001? Where the topic
was a woman whose bottled breastmilk was thrown away by an airline
before boarding? Where Mxsmanic finally suggested (as did others)
that she breastfeed? Where when it was revealed that she wouldn't
breastfeed because she was too embarrassed, that Mxsmanic suggested
water to keep the baby hydrated since she refused to breastfeed over a
12 hour flight? Where people jumping in the middle of the thread with
no clue how it started, got this all mixed up?

If that was the "attacks" you meant, then I have no problem with them,
since they weren't attacks at all.

Kev

Old December 1st 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Kev" wrote in message
ps.com...
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Kev" wrote in message
[...]

Just Google mxsmaniac and spend about 20 minutes exploring. Until you've
done that you really won't understand Anthony's MO in all discussion groups.

Old December 1st 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Kev writes:

Someone barely making a living doesn't bother me, since that's a
relative thing. Any anti-breastfeeding opinion would bother me if he
were older or had kids. Actually, it's hard to find anyone without
kids who is enlightened on that topic. Where was that on his website?

I once was involved in discussions on lactation in a forum on
pediatrics, as I recall. Some people have many misconceptions
concerning lactation, including many lactation women. Pregnancy and
childcare, like dieting, are overrun by superstition.

The topic, as I recall, was actually someone aviation-related.
Someone asserted that a baby cannot go for the duration of an entire
airplane flight without being fed, and that is simply not true. Even
drinking is not strictly necessary, but certainly food intake
(including breastfeeding) is not.

That may well be one of the MANY threads you were involved in but not the
one I was talking about. I'd look it up but I don't have time on this Friday
afternoon.

Old December 1st 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601XL Builder

"Kev" wrote in message
ups.com...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
[...]

No that's not it. I don't have time this afternoon to find the post but if I
get some time this weekend I will and I'll post a link. But to sum it up he
attacked a women because she was upset that the hospital didn't let her
breastfeed because of a problem with the child.

Old December 1st 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

I once was involved in discussions on lactation in a forum on
pediatrics, as I recall.

Now that's funny. You have no more business being in that forum than
this one.