Low Level - Monday-00.jpg (0/1)

Old August 5th 07, 07:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Adhominem

Default Separate yEnc threads?

Pop` wrote:
It's just another protocol for encapsulating images, nothing more

That's its strong side: A 100kb jpeg will result in a standard 140kb post,
but in a 102kb yEnc post. Thus, less overhead with yenc, faster downloads
or better picture quality at same download size possible.

supported by the mainstream clients. The main objection to it is you need
a separate decoder/encoder to use it for download/uploads.

All dedicated newsgroup clients can AFAIK read it, the combined
Mail/News-Client Office Express and Mozilla Thunderbird seemingly can't.

Ad.
--
The mail address works, but please notify me via usenet of any mail you send
to it, as it has a retention period of just a few hours.
Old August 5th 07, 10:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

"Pop`" wrote in

Francois wrote:
SandMan a écrit :

Color me ignorant, but what is Yenc and why the heck does it format
posts so they're unreadable with a basic news reader app?

Same question...
;-(

Francois
LFBO

It's just another protocol for encapsulating images, nothing more, and
isn't supported by the mainstream clients. The main objection to it
is you need a separate decoder/encoder to use it for download/uploads.

There are always a few that like to make their excuses for using
something the mainstram doesn't use and most of the time it's so they
can feel superior, but superior to what is anyone's guess. For
computer viewing and every-day printing needs, it's no improvement
over anything. Google will give you lots of info onthe pros & cons of
it.

Pop`

OK, I'm biting.....

Why not answer the question like you did in the first part of your
(somewhat coloured) reply and then QUIT!!!!

A real good and proper answer would also include referrals to programs
with which one can view these files, leaving the original poster the
choice wether to go there and use one or not.

Cheers,

Bert-Jan
Old August 5th 07, 10:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Adhominem

Adhominem wrote:

Office Express

Outlook, not Office. Outlook Express.

Old August 6th 07, 05:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Francois wrote:
SandMan a écrit :

[...]

Pop
doubt that it is used to make anyone feel superior, but instead since,like
zip and rar files, it is a compression method to encode data for faster
transmission.
When I was new to the use net I used to get upset about all the posts I
could not decode. Once I learned how to read these varied files it opened
up a lot more info for me to see.
There is no secret handshake needed just time research and asking for help.
There is no secret Usenet Mason's Society to belong to just a few people
who have found what they believe to be a better way, not that it is or
is'nt better. Just tha it is there to use if you are willing to learn and
patient
Old August 7th 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Newage

Default Low Level - Monday-00.jpg (0/1)

RustY

Fantastic, the A10 look great, where are they based at the moment ??

Keep up the great work

Mike

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:28:13 GMT, "RustY©" wrote:

An amazing mixture of aircraft types today, with Typhoons, Tornado F-3s and
F-15s playing overhead as well. I wish every day was as good this.

Monday Hawks - 8035-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
Monday Hawks - 8028-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
Monday Hawks - 8020-W.jpg (1/1) RustY© Aviation Photos 0 April 5th 07 11:31 AM
TFR at Lambert Monday Marty Piloting 0 April 7th 04 04:12 AM
VFR PWM to CLE Monday and Tuesday? Roger Long Piloting 1 August 10th 03 04:26 PM