The last word on yEnc

Old July 12th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

Default The last word on yEnc

You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Old July 13th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

I previously gleaned the attached from this group over the very same
subject.
Alan

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message
You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	not this **** again 1a.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	14045
Old July 13th 07, 02:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Breckenridge

Don Pyeatt wrote:
You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DieThreadDie.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	14046
Old July 13th 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 23:37:23 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

I previously gleaned the attached from this group over the very same
subject.
Alan

They sure do **** and moan enough en? You can only feel sorry for the
Luddites.

Old July 14th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in :

You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Yenc so simple a caveman can do it
Old July 15th 07, 05:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in :

You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Yenc so simple a caveman can do it

Yet, they're extinct.

Probably because they persisted in telling people to upgrade to the Betacam
VCR as it was better.

Old July 15th 07, 06:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Glenn" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Yenc so simple a caveman can do it

Yet, they're extinct.

Probably because they persisted in telling people to upgrade to the
Betacam VCR as it was better.

Never seen Geico commercials? I guess that would be why you don't get the
humor

Any way Sony had a better idea with beta, Commodore had a better idea the
Amiga, Tucker had a better idea with his Torpedo.
But people don't always accept the better way because by nature many of
our species fear progress. That is why the caveman is extinct

I don't poist with yenc but I support the right of those who choose to save
band width by doing so
Old July 19th 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in

:

You can bet your butt this won't be it.

Yenc so simple a caveman can do it

Yet, they're extinct.

actually they are not, they just live in houses and apartment buildings
these days

Old July 21st 07, 01:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

can someone pls remind me why a yenc jpeg is better than a jpeg

cheers

Mike

"Ray O'Hara" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in

:

Old July 21st 07, 01:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Adhominem

flybywire wrote:

can someone pls remind me why a yenc jpeg is better than a jpeg

A yenc jpeg is a jpeg. There is no difference.

To be a bit more elaborate: Newsgroups are by design a text-only medium. If
you want to send binary data such as pictures (be they jpeg, png, gif...),
movies and whatnot via a text-only medium, you have to jump through some
hoops to make that possible. The traditional methods, uuencode and base64,
add 30%-40% of overhead to a file when transcribing it for Usenet, while
yEnc adds only 1%-2%.

Example: If you want to post a 2MB jpeg file and encode it with base64 or
uuencode, your post will have a size of about 2.8MB, while a yEnc-encoded
post containing the same jpeg file will come in at only slightly more than
2 MB. The actual data transcribed is no different.

The E Word Michelle P Piloting 45 November 4th 05 02:10 PM
New Word 'SOARING' Ray Lovinggood Soaring 29 February 5th 05 12:45 AM
Read This Carefully please; word for word Dudley Henriques Military Aviation 16 September 6th 04 02:40 PM
Hiroshima. The final word. ArtKramr Military Aviation 10 January 12th 04 12:20 PM