Trailer Paint Scheme

Old July 8th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Default Trailer Paint Scheme

Im in the process of reskinning the trailer for the Cherokee and am nearly
ready to start riveting aluminum. I plan to paint it a nice white to help
avoid cooking my glider. Im thinking that a plain white trailer would be
boring, what should I paint on it? A few suggestions were a side view of
the glider. I also thought it would be cool to put some sort of landout
map to document everywhere I've been. Also, www.ssa.org and since I live
in Kansas now, www.soarkansas.org websites would be good. What does RAS
think?

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y
Old July 8th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Jul 8, 8:15*am, Tony Condon
wrote:
Im in the process of reskinning the trailer for the Cherokee and am nearly
ready to start riveting aluminum. *I plan to paint it a nice white to help
avoid cooking my glider. *Im thinking that a plain white trailer would be
boring, what should I paint on it? *A few suggestions were a side view of
the glider. *I also thought it would be cool to put some sort of landout
map to document everywhere I've been. *Also,www.ssa.organd since I live
in Kansas now,www.soarkansas.orgwebsites would be good. *What does RAS
think?

-Tony Condon
Cherokee II N373Y

Our frequent reply to queries when we're travelling is that we have
alligators in the trailer. You might think about a swampland scene
with huge menacing alligators baring their teeth. Maybe even
snatching a glider out of the sky, ala King Kong....

Hopefully someone else has a more serious suggestion. Have fun and
remember to wear your respirator.

Craig
Old July 8th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Jul 8, 10:49*am, Craig wrote:
On Jul 8, 8:15*am, Tony Condon
wrote:

[...]

I do like Burt's idea of putting a warning on the tailgate.

Danger! 50,000 Ohms!

Pete
Old July 8th 09, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

You could label it as a "Transporter/Erector/Launcher" or a "TEL" as
we called them in the Air Force. That was the tractor-trailer rig
built for carrying Ground Launched Cruise Missiles (GLCM's). Paint a
GLCM on the side. The trailers carried four cruise missiles and were
painted olive drab camo.

Also you could paint the slogan: GLCM TILL THEY GLOW AND SHOOT 'EM IN
THE DARK.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
(Formerly assigned to GLCM base at Florennes, Belgium)
(Until you've had Belgian food, Belgian beer, and Belgian chocolates,
you've just got to add them to your "bucket list")
Old July 8th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony Condon[_2_]

Pete,

Not sure I could fit that many Tibetan Monks in the trailer. Its big, but
not that big.

Old July 8th 09, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Dezzutti[_3_]

I recall that many years ago a pilot got a local donut shop to cover the
cost of repainting his trailer including their advertisement on the side
of the trailer.

If you don't like the corporate sponsor idea then you can always fall
back on the homebuilder's slogan
"YOU CAN TRUST A TREE"

Old July 9th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

be Patriotic
Put parallel red and blue band, each about 4in wide and separated by 2
inches down the length of the side about 2/3 of the way from bottom to top.

It gives contrast to the plain white trailer, and it looks good too.

Old July 9th 09, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Newill

On Jul 8, 7:22*pm, "BT" wrote:
[...]

Take a look at the USAF Academy trailers for their Duo! I will try to
post the photo on SSA website shortly. Graphics were done in some form
of screen print - spectacular!
Old July 9th 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KevinFinke

My favorite thing to tell people is that I'm a member of the

UWRSL

Under Water Racing Submarine League...

Old July 9th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spam

On Jul 8, 7:30*pm, KevinFinke wrote:
My favorite thing to tell people is that I'm a member of the

UWRSL

Under Water Racing Submarine League...

That's great! I'm going to start using that!!!

Or...

You could paint this image on the rudder.... http://www.vaq136.com/russians/startitle.gif

and while your driving wear one of these.....
http://www.chapelbaitsupplies.co.uk/shop/images/HAT.jpg

VAQ-129 EA-18G Paint Scheme C.D.Damron Naval Aviation 12 April 26th 05 11:37 PM
spinner paint scheme Dick Home Built 3 January 27th 05 09:58 PM
paint scheme [email protected] Owning 2 December 29th 04 08:51 PM
My Paint Scheme [email protected] Owning 0 December 29th 04 04:55 PM
B-70 Paint scheme TWINMAKER Military Aviation 11 September 8th 03 09:34 PM