Screw It's Aircraft Tie Down System

Old November 7th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
User

Default Screw It's Aircraft Tie Down System

Greetings, we have just published a new website for the "Screw It" range
of aircraft tie down kits.

Smaller, lighter and easier to use than just about any other system
including the "claw", hundreds of satisfied customers around the world.

Please visit our website for additional information

http://www.screwits.com

Yes, I know it's a bad name but this is what they have been called the years
Old November 7th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight

I own a Screw It tie down kit. Works great in any soil I have tried it
in. Great holding power and packs up neat and small in the bag
provided.

Even worked at the OSH UL area which seems to have a hard gravel layer
about 4 inched below the sod.

Robert Mudd

Old November 7th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
kd5sak

wrote in message
ups.com...
I own a Screw It tie down kit. Works great in any soil I have tried it
in. Great holding power and packs up neat and small in the bag
provided.

Even worked at the OSH UL area which seems to have a hard gravel layer
about 4 inched below the sod.

Robert Mudd

If those are the small "auger" anchors I can testify to their utility. I
store my own and my sons
travel trailer on my acreage and there is a 1500 lb rated auger anchor
chained on each corner of each trailer. I do this because of the frequency
of spring thunderstorms with high winds at our place. Both trailers have
withstood several 75 mph storm winds and one nontypical monster with 100+mph
wind. I figure that any winds going much beyond the big one we experienced
will leave us with two well anchored trailerless steel frames. (G) I think
the smaller anchors would do a fine job of preventing unauthorized pilotless
flights for your Homebuilts for any reasonable level of wind. If I've
misunderstood the kind of anchor of which you spoke, nevermind.

Harold
KD5SAK

Old November 7th 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
Morgans[_2_]

You know, you should at least try to change the path, when you use two sock
puppets to recommend your product.

You just lost any reliability you could ever have, with me, and others, I'm
sure.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 7th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
User

If you are referring to the emails above then you are wrong... One
person is in New Mexico USA, the other i don't know where and i am in
Australia.... No sock puppets around here unless you know something i
don't.... i didn't ask them to reply to my post. Thanks Michael

Old November 7th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
Steve Foley

"Morgans" wrote in message
You know, you should at least try to change the path, when you use two
sock puppets to recommend your product.

You just lost any reliability you could ever have, with me, and others,
I'm sure.
--
Jim in NC

I don't bother checking for spammer's sock-puppets. It's off topic and spam,
'plane' and simple.

Old November 7th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight

Morgans wrote:
You know, you should at least try to change the path, when you use two sock
puppets to recommend your product.

You just lost any reliability you could ever have, with me, and others, I'm
sure.
--
Jim in NC

Jim, I am not a sock puppet and deeply resent being called one.
The Screw It anchor system does what it claims. I use it and am very
happy with it.

Robert Mudd
Moriarty, New Mexico

Old November 7th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
.Blueskies.

:
: Smaller, lighter and easier to use than just about any other system
: including the "claw", hundreds of satisfied customers around the world.
:
: Please visit our website for additional information
:
: http://www.screwits.com
:
: Yes, I know it's a bad name but this is what they have been called the years

Are these aluminum? ..."you probably couldn't even make them yourself for that price remembering they are anodised and
come in a vinyl storage bag"...

Old November 8th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight

Morgans wrote:
You know, you should at least try to change the path, when you use two sock
puppets to recommend your product.

While I agree the first message was spam, I don't see that the two
recommendations are sock puppets.

was posted using Google Groups. The third was posted using Outlook
Express from the US.

Paths are completely different.

Old November 8th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
User

Hello BlueSkies, to answer one of the earlier posters... how can this be
spam when its a release of a new product and its an aviation only
product ??

Anyway, the Screw It's are metal (Steel) not aluminum, It's a
lightweight steel that is also heat treated for strength after the
welding is completed. Thanks Michael