IFR en-route charts on line?

Old April 25th 04, 02:04 AM
Roy Smith

Default IFR en-route charts on line?

Is there anyplace where I can find IFR en-route charts on line? I know
where to find SIAP's and sectionals, but I haven't seen en-routes
anywhere.
Old April 25th 04, 04:57 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Roy Smith wrote in news:roy-63E1CF.21044624042004
@reader2.panix.com:

Is there anyplace where I can find IFR en-route charts on line? I know
where to find SIAP's and sectionals, but I haven't seen en-routes
anywhere.

aeroplanner has it. You can preview the chart for free, but to download
the whole chart you have to pay.

Old April 25th 04, 11:48 PM
Steve S

Checkout fltplan.com.

Steve S

Old April 26th 04, 01:07 AM

Steve S wrote:

Checkout fltplan.com.

Those en route "charts" are not any good for in-flight use.

The Aeroplanner charts are true bitmaps of the current NACO en route charts.

Old April 26th 04, 06:16 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Roy Smith wrote:
Is there anyplace where I can find IFR en-route charts on line? I know
where to find SIAP's and sectionals, but I haven't seen en-routes
anywhere.

All of the information is available (not sure if it's online or if you
have to order the CDROM with it) but it's in a database format, not a
bitmap or vector graphic of the NOAA charts. I haven't seen the actual
NOAA stuff anywhere.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old April 26th 04, 02:59 PM

Ben Jackson wrote:

In article ,
Roy Smith wrote:
Is there anyplace where I can find IFR en-route charts on line? I know
where to find SIAP's and sectionals, but I haven't seen en-routes
anywhere.

All of the information is available (not sure if it's online or if you
have to order the CDROM with it) but it's in a database format, not a
bitmap or vector graphic of the NOAA charts. I haven't seen the actual
NOAA stuff anywhere.

If you're speaking of the NACO Digital Aeronautical Information (DAI), it
does not provide either magnetic courses or any Part 95 MEAs, MOCAs, or
MCAs, nor does it have holding patterns that are charted on the paper
charts.. The airway fix data in the DAI is information for avionic vendors
primarily.

If you know of such sources that include operational data it would be news
to me.

Old April 26th 04, 05:08 PM
Kyler Laird

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/ATA-1...ats/Awy_rf.txt

nor does it have holding patterns that are charted on the paper
charts..

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/ATA-1...ats/Hpf_rf.txt

What exactly is missing?

--kyler
Old April 26th 04, 07:11 PM
Ben Jackson

In article , wrote:
If you're speaking of the NACO Digital Aeronautical Information (DAI), it
does not provide either magnetic courses or any Part 95 MEAs, MOCAs, or

The data I'm thinking of does, since one thing I used it for was to search
for MAAs (they're very rare) because my instructor wanted to know what
charts would have one.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old April 26th 04, 07:18 PM

Kyler Laird wrote:

writes:

If you're speaking of the NACO Digital Aeronautical Information (DAI), it
does not provide either magnetic courses or any Part 95 MEAs, MOCAs, or
MCAs,

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/ATA-1...ats/Awy_rf.txt

nor does it have holding patterns that are charted on the paper
charts..

http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/ATA-1...ats/Hpf_rf.txt

What exactly is missing?

--kyler

What I said before. That file you provide would make no operational sense at all.

Do I hold that in my left hand and the file with the airway data in my right hand?

Where do I get the airway radials in magnetic and where do I get the appropriate
instrument altitudes?

Old April 26th 04, 07:18 PM

Ben Jackson wrote:

In article , wrote:
If you're speaking of the NACO Digital Aeronautical Information (DAI), it
does not provide either magnetic courses or any Part 95 MEAs, MOCAs, or

The data I'm thinking of does, since one thing I used it for was to search
for MAAs (they're very rare) because my instructor wanted to know what
charts would have one.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

Can you share a copy of those data with us?

spinner paint scheme Dick Home Built 3 January 27th 05 09:58 PM
Route planning question Paul Tomblin Instrument Flight Rules 3 April 4th 04 02:40 PM
Jepp Charts - Subscription Only? Peter Gibbons Instrument Flight Rules 8 November 8th 03 02:01 PM
CAD outline of Rans S6S instrument panel? Rob Turk Home Built 2 October 21st 03 09:27 PM
NACO charts - why have a reference circle? Bob Gardner Instrument Flight Rules 5 September 6th 03 01:15 PM