sales/property taxes

Old October 14th 05, 06:47 PM
john smith

http://web.nbaa.org/public/ops/taxes/

Information for Ohio is two years out of date.
Old October 14th 05, 07:10 PM
N93332

"cwby-flyer" wrote in message
oups.com...
In Texas there is no property tax for personal use aircraft & if you
purchase the plane from a private seller or out of state then there's
no sales tax due either :-)

I purchased my plane a few years ago from Iowa while living in Texas. I
didn't have to pay a sales or property tax on the purchase while I lived in
Texas. I then moved to Iowa some months later and then Iowa wanted me to
pay the sales tax. I had to prove to Iowa that I was a Texas resident when
I bought the plane. I paid the annual registration fee of $35 for Iowa.
When I moved to Minnesota, I had to prove to them that the plane wasn't a
new purchase. Being an older aircraft, it's now registered in Minnesota as
a 'Classic' with a one time $25 registration fee.

http://www.dot.state.ia.us/mvd/ovs/aircraft.htm
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/aero/avof...creg/info.html

-Greg B.

Old October 15th 05, 05:20 PM

Default sales/property taxes

cwby-flyer wrote:
In Texas there is no property tax for personal use aircraft & if you
purchase the plane from a private seller or out of state then there's
no sales tax due either :-)

An exception to that is if a Texas resident buys a plane (for personal
use)and brings it home from an out-of-state aircraft dealer/broker who
is selling aircraft as their usual line of business, then you must pay
the state sales/use tax just the same as if you bought the aircraft
from a dealer/broker who is headquartered inside Texas. Also if the
Texas individual buyer also happens to be any kind of sole proprietor
business owner who holds a state sales tax permit (e.g. he might own a
retail store that sells musical instruments or lawn furniture or
whatever) then he owes state sales/use tax on that plane he just
bought, no matter where or from whom he bought it. That really sux.
Some local govts also try to levy an annual property tax on your plane
just like they do your automobile. The City of Addison TX comes to mind
here.

Old October 17th 05, 02:01 AM
Mike Noel

No sales tax on used aircraft (or autos) in Arizona.

"John Doe" wrote in message
Are there any good websites out there that summarize by state what their
sales taxes or property tax rates are for aircraft purchases?

Old October 21st 05, 03:41 AM
soxinbox

No aviation sales tax or property tax in NY. They tax the heck out of you
for every thing else, but aviation stuff is untaxed, including aircraft,
hanger rent, parts, and labor.

Fuel Taxes john smith Piloting 0 September 10th 05 12:49 AM
Taxes and Flying Clubs CHRISTOPHER SPIERINGS Owning 9 February 11th 05 01:14 AM
Your very own suspected terrorist Michael Piloting 103 February 3rd 04 10:24 PM
Gov't wastes our taxes with pork-barrel spending John Galt Military Aviation 0 December 21st 03 04:54 PM
How to avoid Aircraft Ad Velorem taxes........... ArtP Owning 6 August 27th 03 08:37 PM