Bid to buy the Beechcraft was rigged?

Old October 16th 05, 06:36 AM
Montblack

Default Bid to buy the Beechcraft was rigged?

("Nathan Young" wrote)
http://wcco.com/local/local_story_287083948.html

An A36 has 6 seats, an SR22 has 4. Perhaps that is the deciding
factor. If not, it is poor form for the State of MN not to support
one of their own.

My thought was a cargo door(?) might be a deciding factor.

I suspect if you looked at ...(picking) ...the last three years worth of
missions... those six seats weren't full very often. Just a guess.

Were they hauling stuff around like (wait for it) ....a minivan? If that was
the case, then a slower hauler would be the ticket.

From St Paul (KSTP) ....nautical miles

Duluth (DLH) ..........................120 Lake Superior
(Home of Cirrus)

Grand Marais (CKC) .............205 Up the North Shore
Ely (ELO) ................................180
International Falls (INL) ..........220 Canadian border
Roseau (ROX) ........................260 NW corner

Bemidji (BJI) ...........................170 Middle of state
Brainerd (BRD) ......................100 ''
St Cloud (STC) .........................56 ''

Moorhead (JKJ) .....................190 Fargo/N Dakota border

Marshall (MML) ......................120 Southwest
Worthington (ORT) .................130 Near SD/Iowa border

Rochester (RST) ..................... 65 Mayo Clinic SE corner
Albert Lea (AEL) ......................75 Near Iowa border

If they're flying outside of Minnesota:

Chicago Midway (MDW) ........300
Denver (DEN) ..........................600
St Louis (STL) .........................400

It would be nice if the state only bought Ford Rangers too, built in St
Paul - but they don't.

I'm waiting to read more on this story.

Montblack

Old October 16th 05, 04:09 PM
N93332

"Montblack" wrote in message
It would be nice if the state only bought Ford Rangers too, built in St
Paul - but they don't.

It'd be nice if Mn (and other states) would consider buying and supporting
their local industries or have a good reason if they don't.

Old October 17th 05, 05:12 AM
Robert M. Gary

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:
"Bret Ludwig" wrote:

They must be an incredibly bloated company to need that much money. In
fact they are. I have relatives that work at the plant on Webb Rd. Of
couirse the production people are not munificently paid, in fact a
career there on the rivet driving side will be punctuated with layoffs
like anywhere else. The executives live like maharajahs of course.

Nothing wrong with that, the company has ever right to charge ANYTHING
they want for their product, this isn't Russia. What is costs me to
produce my product is NONE of your business. The question is, did they
charge the state more than they normally charge for their product. That
would be unethical if they took advantage of a nobid situation.

-Robert

Old October 17th 05, 05:14 AM
Robert M. Gary

In my opinion, the Bonanza is a better plane than the SR22

Well, a Citation is also better than a King air but they are different
planes. The SR22 is a good 2 person business plane (you can put kids in
the back but not suits), the Bonanza is a good 4/5 person plane.
-Robert

Old October 17th 05, 05:51 AM
Bret Ludwig

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:
"Bret Ludwig" wrote:

They must be an incredibly bloated company to need that much money. In
fact they are. I have relatives that work at the plant on Webb Rd. Of
couirse the production people are not munificently paid, in fact a
career there on the rivet driving side will be punctuated with layoffs
like anywhere else. The executives live like maharajahs of course.

Nothing wrong with that, the company has ever right to charge ANYTHING
they want for their product, this isn't Russia. What is costs me to
produce my product is NONE of your business. The question is, did they
charge the state more than they normally charge for their product. That
would be unethical if they took advantage of a nobid situation.

They do. The buyers have a right to be as gullible as they want to be.

You have every right to keep the profit margin of your product secret,
I have every right to make an educated guess as to what it is. This is
called "business analysis" and is a key to success in business. I have
every right to choose if I think excessive profit margin is reason for
me to buy elsewhere. In fact I have every right to choose any reason or
none at all to buy elsewhere.

The company is not being accused of plumping the price as far as I
know, the "beef" is against the state buying officials who decided they
wanted the $750K Bonanza vs. the $350K Cirrus despite the latter
properly fulfilling the stated bid requirements.

Old October 17th 05, 03:21 PM
Matt Barrow

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:
"Bret Ludwig" wrote:

They must be an incredibly bloated company to need that much money. In
fact they are. I have relatives that work at the plant on Webb Rd. Of
couirse the production people are not munificently paid, in fact a
career there on the rivet driving side will be punctuated with layoffs
like anywhere else. The executives live like maharajahs of course.

Nothing wrong with that, the company has ever right to charge ANYTHING
they want for their product, this isn't Russia. What is costs me to
produce my product is NONE of your business. The question is, did they
charge the state more than they normally charge for their product. That
would be unethical if they took advantage of a nobid situation.

Why?

Sounds like the state needs a kick in the ass for putting out no-bid PO's.

Old October 17th 05, 04:13 PM
Matt Barrow

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

They do. The buyers have a right to be as gullible as they want to be.

You have every right to keep the profit margin of your product secret,
I have every right to make an educated guess as to what it is. This is
called "business analysis" and is a key to success in business.

Oh? What school of business is that?

I have
every right to choose if I think excessive profit margin is reason for
me to buy elsewhere.

Indeed, you have that right, but that's a pretty lame business strategy.

In fact I have every right to choose any reason or
none at all to buy elsewhere.

Quite!

The company is not being accused of plumping the price as far as I
know, the "beef" is against the state buying officials who decided they
wanted the $750K Bonanza vs. the $350K Cirrus despite the latter
properly fulfilling the stated bid requirements.

Sounds like a typical example of someone spending other peoples money.

--
Matt

---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old October 17th 05, 04:29 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, a Citation is also better than a King air but they are different
planes. The SR22 is a good 2 person business plane (you can put kids in
the back but not suits)

The SR-22 has an 1150 pound useful load. That's four 166 pounders with
full fuel, or four 200 pounders with (a still respectable) 58 gallons
on board.

The "suits" at your company must be super-sized if they can't fit in a
Cirrus!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 17th 05, 05:01 PM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

The "suits" at your company must be super-sized if they can't fit in a
Cirrus!

Perhaps the issue is more a matter of space than weight? It's also possible that
two adults in the back shifts the COG too far.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 17th 05, 05:03 PM
Dylan Smith

On 2005-10-17, Jay Honeck wrote:
The "suits" at your company must be super-sized if they can't fit in a
Cirrus!

Generally, they often are! At my last job, my office happened to be on
'managers row' as it were (a cluster of managers offices were right by
mine). If there was one thing similar about each of the managers on my
row, it was that none of them weighed under 250 lbs.

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

car commercial with a beechcraft? Otis Piloting 3 April 16th 04 05:20 AM
Service Manual for Beechcraft A23 Musketeer Robert Little Owning 2 August 21st 03 06:12 AM
Newbie question Cessna or Beechcraft? rbboydston Piloting 4 August 13th 03 01:08 PM
Beechcraft Sundowner VM Owning 4 August 9th 03 04:05 AM
automatic flaps problem in Beechcraft KAF90 deeknow Simulators 0 July 24th 03 02:45 AM