Roach Dry Lake 17-18 October

Old October 8th 15, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Roach Dry Lake 17-18 October

Looking for information on the condition of the lake bed. A news story
last night showed flooded streets in Las Vegas. Can any of you LVVSA
folks say whether or not the ground launch weekend will go on?

Thanks,
--
Dan, 5J

Old October 8th 15, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JayM

On Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 4:46:28 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
Looking for information on the condition of the lake bed.* A news
story last night showed flooded streets in Las Vegas.* Can any of
you LVVSA folks say whether or not the ground launch weekend will go
on?

Thanks,

--

Dan, 5J

Dan,
While I haven't been down there I expect it to be wet right now with all of the rain we've had. It should dry by the 17th if we don't get any more weather.
Will know more by Wed or Thurs next week. Check our website for updates.
Jay McD
Old October 8th 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Will do. Last time there I had to duck to keep my hair out of the
clouds. Took an aero tow on Sunday...

Old October 10th 15, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

I'll be on the lake bed tomorrow with the Pawnee to check it out. I just heard possible showers on Tues. I'll follow the forecast over the weekend and see what we get. We'll let you know,
BillT

Old October 13th 15, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill T

Lake looked good on Saturday. North end was a little dark but firm. We do have some weather forecast on Weds and Thurs, 30% chance of rain.
We'll let you know if it materializes, Jay will check the lake on Thurs or Fri and let us know. He has your email addy.
BillT
Old October 13th 15, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks Bill, we'll likely decide on Thursday night. I'll but my glider
in the trailer on Wed or Thu and bring it home to be prepared.

Old October 15th 15, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JayM

The event has been cancelled due to forecast rain.
Jay
Old October 15th 15, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks for the update. I've been following the forecasts and was about
90% certain that I wouldn't be making the trip from Moriarty.

Dan