Good fuel stop on the way to Oshkosh

Old June 28th 04, 02:45 PM
Seneca Pilot

Default Good fuel stop on the way to Oshkosh

Hi,
I'll be flying to Oshkosh from the Washington, DC area this year. Two
years ago, I made a fuel stop at an airport that had a special deal
during the AirVenture event. I think the airport was just south of
Chicago. Does anyone know of a cheap place to refuel on the way to
Oshkosh?
Thanks!

--Max
CPASEL-IA soon to be AMEL
Old June 28th 04, 05:01 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Seneca Pilot wrote:
Hi,
I'll be flying to Oshkosh from the Washington, DC area this year. Two
years ago, I made a fuel stop at an airport that had a special deal
during the AirVenture event. I think the airport was just south of
Chicago. Does anyone know of a cheap place to refuel on the way to
Oshkosh?
Thanks!

http://www.airnav.com

Lists fuel prices, as updated by pilots who purchased it...

Old June 28th 04, 11:18 PM
Jim Weir

Would it not have been clever for him to tell us what grade of fuel he needs?

Jim
http://www.rst-engr.com
Old June 29th 04, 04:21 AM
Rip

Jim, interesting point! Aside from the avgas/mogas point, our local FSDO
(New England) believes that 80/87 avgas is no longer manufactured, at
all. If you find some (as I have in Georgia and North Carolina), it's
"too old to be useable". Does anyone know if 80/87 is still manufactured
and distributed?

Old June 29th 04, 05:17 PM
Jim Weir

Your FBO needs to go to www.airnav.com and search fuels. There are 53 airports
in this country selling 80, 9 of them in New England.

Your FBO is just too lazy or too indifferent to the customer to find a source
for 80.

Jim

Rip

Old June 30th 04, 11:40 PM
Vassilii Khachaturov

I'll be flying to Oshkosh from the Washington, DC area this year. Two
years ago, I made a fuel stop at an airport that had a special deal
during the AirVenture event. I think the airport was just south of
Chicago. Does anyone know of a cheap place to refuel on the way to
Oshkosh?

Last year I had good deals at KFNT, they also gave us loads of
souvenirs - just because we mentioned we're on the way to OSH. If you
have to spend the night there, don't accept the FBO rec., rather take
the inn pretty much across the highway (slightly to the right) from
the airport. Cheaper and cleaner.