Why was the USAF.....................

Old January 8th 04, 01:28 AM
David Hartung

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
.......stood down on 9/11?

Damn, no one told me. I was at work! Us bomber guys always seem to be the

last
to know about the good deals

BUFDRVR

"Stay on the bomb run boys, I'm gonna get those bomb doors open if it

harelips
everyone on Bear Creek"

Got any "D" model time?

Old January 8th 04, 01:31 AM
Gene Storey

Anyone with D model time, is long retired, or dead.

"David Hartung" wrote

Got any "D" model time?

Old January 8th 04, 01:32 AM
Pete

"Mike Marron" wrote

The original poster asked a reasonable question

Reasonable? As written, this troll is more along the lines of "When did you
stop beating your wife?"

and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Really. So what should have been done differently? How could the USAF have
prevented it? Feel free to use any of the available timelines depicting the
morning of 9/11.

Pete

Old January 8th 04, 01:36 AM
Gene Storey

"Pete" wrote

Really. So what should have been done differently?

New York should have AAA and SAM batteries, like most third world
countries. There should be no way an airplane can enter New York City
at high speed that isn't identified. Any aircraft at the speeds given, at such
a low altitude should be splashed before they enter a center of commerce.

I would have NYC ringed by Patriot batteries, and anything above 250 knots
that isn't on a flight plan should be terminated. Error on the side of those on the
ground.

Old January 8th 04, 01:51 AM
OXMORON1

Mike Marron wrote:
Nothing new here, I'm afraid.

Of course not, you have heard the same stuff for months.
You admitted that you had not been in the military and apparently you don't
understand anything about how the division of responsibility of the various
parts of the government for parts of "intelligence"
I'm not claiming that the military intelligence community might have possibly
picked up something by accident but it was not their responsibilty to be
actively looking for internal intelligence not involving military personel or
related activities.
The whole intelligence community was screwed up and the only good that I see
from 9/11 is posibly the system will be cleaned up in the future.
All the intelligence information in the world can not prevent a small group of
dedicated individuals from doing their thing every time.

oxmoron1
MFE
Old January 8th 04, 01:52 AM
Mike Marron

"Pete" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote

The original poster asked a reasonable question

Reasonable? As written, this troll is more along the lines of "When did you
stop beating your wife?"

Of course you're correct. Let's disregard the manner in which the
question was asked (the original poster asked, "Why was the USAF stood
down on 9/11?") and simply ask instead something along the lines of;
"Why was the USAF unable to prevent 9/11?"

and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Really. So what should have been done differently? How could the USAF have
prevented it? Feel free to use any of the available timelines depicting the
morning of 9/11.

I'm the one asking the questions, here. You have to take into
consideration my other comments (not merely the one paragraph
above to which you've responded).

Once again, I said:

************************************************** *******************

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Don't get me wrong, I realize that after the wall came down in 1989
the USAF didn't have fighters sitting at the ready all over the U.S.
pre-armed with missiles and pilots just waiting to shoot down domestic
airliners that have been hijacked by "Islamic ****s" ($1 to Juvat).

Having said that, to this day I too am confounded by the apparent
ineptness of the USAF (and especially the American intelligence
community) both of whom utterly failed to prevent the apocalyptic
death and destruction of 9/11.

Nowadays, when we're told of F-16's and -15's flying CAP over
major U.S. cities post-9/11 -- the first thing that springs to mind is
the old adage, "Closing the barn door after the horse has gotten
out..."

Old January 8th 04, 02:01 AM
BUFDRVR

Got any "D" model time?