parking in Houston for a week

Old July 24th 03, 05:18 AM
Tom Hughes

Default parking in Houston for a week

Do not really have specific info for you, but I am a frequent visitor
(ramp rat-photo) to Hooks and it looks like they have plenty of long
term parking. I will probably be out there tomorrow afternoon, and I
can ask for you. Hooks is a first class operation. A lot of military
training types frequent the field daily. Great blue-plate specials.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:59:47 -0400, Matt Emerson
wrote:

I'm planning to fly the old Mooney down to Houston this weekend or
next, and stay for about a week to visit in-laws and college friends.
The in-laws live near IAH, but I don't think I want to go to IAH.

Weiser looks the most inviting, but I understand that there's not a
lot of parking space for transients. I could go to Hooks easily
enough---do any locals know what the parking situation is there? I'd
be happy to pay something like $10--$15 a day to stay in a hangar, but
I don't know if anything like that is available.

I like the looks of Fletcher at Hobby, but that's on the other side of
town, and not too convenient.

Any advice would be most welcome.

--
Matt Emerson

SMSgt Thomas L Hughes (Ret)
210th PA. Vol. Inf
www.geocities.com/wallstreet/3958/penn210.html
"A transplanted Yankee deep in enemy territory"(TX)
Old July 24th 03, 02:41 PM
Maule Driver

I've stayed at Weiser twice for a few days - my brother lives nearby. Nice
airport, nice people, didn't have a parking problem but it does look tight.
Both times there seemed to be 1-2 transient spots available. Maybe I just
got lucky.

My strategy these days is to pick the closest airport to my destination,
show up, sort it out. And if the place doesn't look right, is too
expensive, unfriendly, I relocate. Relocation in VFR conditions is probably
the easiest thing to in an a/c. It's been working for me so far. It has
pushed me into some major airports at times and I've been pleasantly
surprised. Pushed me to some small ones too where it has been very nice
too. I wonder how IAH is for a small single?

Old July 24th 03, 03:27 PM
Tom Hughes

According to Valarie this AM, if you purchase fuel from them, there is
no charge for parking. You may want to confirm this again. Call
1-800-624-7394.

Old July 24th 03, 03:40 PM
Tom Hughes

According to Valarie this AM, parking is free if you purchase fuel
from them. But I would verify that before leaving.

wrote:

I'm planning to fly the old Mooney down to Houston this weekend or
next, and stay for about a week to visit in-laws and college friends.
The in-laws live near IAH, but I don't think I want to go to IAH.

Weiser looks the most inviting, but I understand that there's not a
lot of parking space for transients. I could go to Hooks easily
enough---do any locals know what the parking situation is there? I'd
be happy to pay something like $10--$15 a day to stay in a hangar, but
I don't know if anything like that is available.

I like the looks of Fletcher at Hobby, but that's on the other side of
town, and not too convenient.

Any advice would be most welcome.

--
Matt Emerson

Tom Hughes
Tomball,Tx.
Old July 24th 03, 08:00 PM
Michael

"Maule Driver" wrote
I wonder how IAH is for a small single?

Just fine, actually. Done it several times. Garett Aviation is great
- once, when I had my TriPacer there and the weather got bad, they
even put it in the hangar free of charge. Unless it's very early/late
and only one person is on duty, they're always happy to drop off/pick
up at the terminal. I think the official parking rate is $15/day, but
I don't think I've ever been charged that much.

Michael

Velocity ride in Houston area? Martin Whitfield Home Built 4 May 27th 04 04:29 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
San Francisco Fleet Week Vaughn Military Aviation 4 November 3rd 03 10:11 AM
San Francisco Fleet Week Vaughn Naval Aviation 6 November 3rd 03 10:11 AM
RAF Fairford - Parking McL D Military Aviation 5 July 21st 03 09:22 AM