Speaking of dogs

Old April 15th 05, 05:07 PM

Default Speaking of dogs

Here's some pictures of damage caused by dogs on Lake Elsinore Soaring
Club's 233 fleet. Not a pretty sight. Anyone have any ideas on how to
discourage this dog behavior. We believe they are chasing rabbits that
have crawled into the gliders through the wheel wells. __Mike

http://www.soarelsinore.org/damage/

Old April 15th 05, 05:36 PM
John Doe

Try this:

http://promolife.com/products/usonic3.htm

Uses ultrasound to scare dogs off, or if you want
some comedy value put of it:

http://www.smarthomepro.com/6120.html

similar thing but uses water.

Failing that, just watch Home Alone for a few ideas
(paint cans n strings or heated doornobs anyone? ;-)
)

Or just tie a torch to a 12-guage and get a rotating
bar stool..... ;-D (Think a buckshot lighthouse)

Old April 15th 05, 05:56 PM
5Z

Tucson Soaring Club went through this about 30 years ago. After
several repair cycles, we finally built a chain link fence enclosure
for the 2-33's.

-Tom

Old April 15th 05, 09:20 PM
Shawn

Here's some pictures of damage caused by dogs on Lake Elsinore Soaring
Club's 233 fleet. Not a pretty sight. Anyone have any ideas on how to
discourage this dog behavior. We believe they are chasing rabbits that
have crawled into the gliders through the wheel wells. __Mike

http://www.soarelsinore.org/damage/

My first thoughts were 22-250 or .223, but you wouldn't want to risk
shooting the glider.
Call animal control and get live traps. Does your insurance company
have any ideas?

Shawn
Old April 18th 05, 06:13 AM
Fred

Shawn wrote:
wrote:
Here's some pictures of damage caused by dogs on Lake Elsinore

Soaring
Club's 233 fleet. Not a pretty sight. Anyone have any ideas on

how to
discourage this dog behavior. We believe they are chasing rabbits

that
have crawled into the gliders through the wheel wells. __Mike

http://www.soarelsinore.org/damage/

My first thoughts were 22-250 or .223, but you wouldn't want to risk
shooting the glider.
Call animal control and get live traps. Does your insurance company
have any ideas?

Shawn

To keep the lions and hyenas from eating the tires of our planes in
East Africa when we parked them overnight at game parks, we used to
spray aerosol bug repellant on them. Maybe a similar tactic would keep
the rabbits out of the gliders? Or some other such repellant? Fred

Old April 26th 05, 05:18 PM
m pautz

Here's some pictures of damage caused by dogs on Lake Elsinore Soaring
Club's 233 fleet. Not a pretty sight. Anyone have any ideas on how to
discourage this dog behavior. We believe they are chasing rabbits that
have crawled into the gliders through the wheel wells. __Mike

http://www.soarelsinore.org/damage/

If the dogs were trying to get to the rabbits, then the solution to the
problem is not deterring the dogs, but rather the rabbits. Have you
tried putting bags of moth balls in the gliders?

Freight Dogs Dennis O'Connor Piloting 6 January 29th 04 02:37 AM
Ear Protection for Dogs Shirley Piloting 34 December 21st 03 12:25 AM
Ear Protection for Dogs Shirley General Aviation 1 December 19th 03 10:12 PM
cabin noise locations & dogs [email protected] Owning 9 August 30th 03 09:26 PM
"Lazy Dogs" Mike Yared Naval Aviation 1 August 15th 03 06:00 PM