Avier + XC Soar frozen screen

Old July 8th 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Default Avier + XC Soar frozen screen

I purchased a Avier and installed XC Soar. When I use it to fly cross country, it freezes up after less than an hour of use. I see the course line and the glider symbol. but it doesn't move. I can't get the "quit" message to show up.

The first time it occurred I was flying my Duo with another pilot, so I spent about 20 minutes working to get it to shut down and then restated it. Sat. I was alone in the Duo when it happened. All I could do was shut off the Avier since I could not get a "quit" to shut down the program. After following roads for a while, I was able to get it back. I did not use the Avier for the first leg of the trip, since I have not installed a plug for it. It failed after about 15 minutes. I was not touching the screen, and it was in its cradle.

What is happening to cause this serious problem?
Old July 9th 13, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
quietpilot

On Monday, July 8, 2013 1:33:41 PM UTC-5, Vsoars wrote:
I purchased a Avier and installed XC Soar. When I use it to fly cross country, it freezes up after less than an hour of use. I see the course line and the glider symbol. but it doesn't move. I can't get the "quit" message to show up. The first time it occurred I was flying my Duo with another pilot, so I spent about 20 minutes working to get it to shut down and then restated it. Sat. I was alone in the Duo when it happened. All I could do was shut off the Avier since I could not get a "quit" to shut down the program. After following roads for a while, I was able to get it back. I did not use the Avier for the first leg of the trip, since I have not installed a plug for it. It failed after about 15 minutes. I was not touching the screen, and it was in its cradle. What is happening to cause this serious problem?

Without specifically knowing you situation I can relate to my own experience. I have used XCSoar on a variety of CE and Android devices. I find it typically happens when devices try to descend into a power save mode. when you get it plugged in you can try to set it to not sleep when attached to external power or set the sleep time on battery to as long as possible and interact with it periodically (zoom out and in)
Old July 11th 13, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Second this hypothesis.

Avier/V2 Running WinPilot 12 Problem [email protected] Soaring 11 July 22nd 13 11:06 PM
Avier / V2 Dissection & Reinforcing Craig Funston[_2_] Soaring 5 June 19th 13 10:18 PM
Frozen Flaps brian whatcott Piloting 27 December 18th 09 06:50 PM
floatplane - taking off frozen lake Lets Fly Piloting 32 December 8th 05 04:19 AM
Frozen spoilers stephanevdv Soaring 0 November 4th 04 05:24 PM