A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Avier + XC Soar frozen screen

Old July 8th 13, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars
external usenet poster

Default Avier + XC Soar frozen screen

I purchased a Avier and installed XC Soar. When I use it to fly cross country, it freezes up after less than an hour of use. I see the course line and the glider symbol. but it doesn't move. I can't get the "quit" message to show up.

The first time it occurred I was flying my Duo with another pilot, so I spent about 20 minutes working to get it to shut down and then restated it. Sat. I was alone in the Duo when it happened. All I could do was shut off the Avier since I could not get a "quit" to shut down the program. After following roads for a while, I was able to get it back. I did not use the Avier for the first leg of the trip, since I have not installed a plug for it. It failed after about 15 minutes. I was not touching the screen, and it was in its cradle.

What is happening to cause this serious problem?
Old July 9th 13, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
quietpilot
external usenet poster

On Monday, July 8, 2013 1:33:41 PM UTC-5, Vsoars wrote:
I purchased a Avier and installed XC Soar. When I use it to fly cross country, it freezes up after less than an hour of use. I see the course line and the glider symbol. but it doesn't move. I can't get the "quit" message to show up. The first time it occurred I was flying my Duo with another pilot, so I spent about 20 minutes working to get it to shut down and then restated it. Sat. I was alone in the Duo when it happened. All I could do was shut off the Avier since I could not get a "quit" to shut down the program. After following roads for a while, I was able to get it back. I did not use the Avier for the first leg of the trip, since I have not installed a plug for it. It failed after about 15 minutes. I was not touching the screen, and it was in its cradle. What is happening to cause this serious problem?

Without specifically knowing you situation I can relate to my own experience. I have used XCSoar on a variety of CE and Android devices. I find it typically happens when devices try to descend into a power save mode. when you get it plugged in you can try to set it to not sleep when attached to external power or set the sleep time on battery to as long as possible and interact with it periodically (zoom out and in)
Old July 11th 13, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)
external usenet poster

Second this hypothesis.