F111 torching from behind

Old November 18th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn

Default F111 torching from behind

It's heavily cropped but makes a nice image

Upload/view images at www.warbirdz.net
Join the Warbirdz Forum Channel
http://www.warbirdz.net/phpBB2/index.php
www.aus-photographers.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	torch1 copy.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	669
Old November 18th 06, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Wow,

What an impressive shot!

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

Old November 19th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Darryl Gibbs

It does!

Would make one hell of a toaster! :-)

--
Darryl Gibbs
Aircraft of Australia Aviation Photography. www.aircraftofaustralia.com

Upload/view images at www.warbirdz.net

Old November 19th 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daniel \Naughty Tentacles\ Blakemore

A tad close for toasting the marshmallows, aren't ya? ;D

--
Daniel Blakemore
ICQ:14459824 Yahoo IM: mylordkhorne

Old November 19th 06, 06:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
miket6065

Are you sure it is cropped, the fuel dump is directly between the engines?
They could use afterburners to ignite the fuel as it is pumped out.

Old November 19th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"miket6065" wrote in message
et...
Are you sure it is cropped, the fuel dump is directly between the engines?
They could use afterburners to ignite the fuel as it is pumped out.

Seeing Glenn took the picture, I'm pretty sure he's sure it's cropped.

--
Alan Erskine

Old November 19th 06, 07:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn

miket6065 wrote:
Are you sure it is cropped, the fuel dump is directly between the engines?
They could use afterburners to ignite the fuel as it is pumped out.

Yep. Last time I did any real photography work, cropping an Image
didn't change anything on an object ;-)

Upload/view images at www.warbirdz.net
Old November 19th 06, 12:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CD[_2_]

"Glenn" www.warbirdz.net@come-join-the-forum wrote in message
It's heavily cropped but makes a nice image

The commentator at the Richmond Airshow put the fuel consumption of this
action into laymen's terms when he said this was the equivalent of X number
of beer cartons being consumed per second.

Sorry, I can't recall the exact number. But I guess a few second worth would
keep you in beer for some time!

BTW Thanks for the great shots Glenn! there all much better that my own.
Although you can't expect to much from the 3 x zoom on my Canon

Chris

Old November 20th 06, 08:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Raven

"CD" wrote in message
u...

"Glenn" www.warbirdz.net@come-join-the-forum wrote in message
It's heavily cropped but makes a nice image

The commentator at the Richmond Airshow put the fuel consumption of this
action into laymen's terms when he said this was the equivalent of X
number of beer cartons being consumed per second.

Sorry, I can't recall the exact number. But I guess a few second worth
would keep you in beer for some time!

BTW Thanks for the great shots Glenn! there all much better that my own.
Although you can't expect to much from the 3 x zoom on my Canon

I recall the old RAAF Mirage simulator (analog and ancient by todays
standards), it used to give a click for every imperial gallon of fuel
consumed (4.5L). At cruise it clicked at a rate of roughly one gallon per
second. On after burner it sped up enormously. Now that was a single engine
jet, now a big Pig with two (albeit modern) engines doing a dump and burn
must be literally roaring through the fuel.

--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3

Old November 20th 06, 09:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine

"The Raven" wrote in message
I recall the old RAAF Mirage simulator (analog and ancient by todays
standards), it used to give a click for every imperial gallon of fuel
consumed (4.5L). At cruise it clicked at a rate of roughly one gallon per
second. On after burner it sped up enormously. Now that was a single

engine
jet, now a big Pig with two (albeit modern) engines doing a dump and burn
must be literally roaring through the fuel.

For one thing, the engines aren't that modern; they're essentially '60's
technology. Also, don't forget that the fuel capacity of the Aardvark is
much higher per unit of thrust than the Mirage - it's designed for
long-range bombing, not short-range fighting.

--
Alan Erskine