The Pledge redux

Old March 8th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

Default The Pledge redux

It's still not working.

It is pretty hard to not respond to the continued stupidity, given my Baron
experience, as well as my years as an Air Force flight surgeon.

However, I do use Novus 1 on the windshield, which seems to work well. It is
a lot more expensive than Pledge.

I use it on leading edges, which does keep the bugs off. However, I have yet
to try it on the windscreen.

Old March 8th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

It's still not working.

It is pretty hard to not respond to the continued stupidity, given my

Baron
experience, as well as my years as an Air Force flight surgeon.

You have to accept the fact that there is nothing you can do to change it,
and move on. Responses actually do more harm than good (to the responder),
so the best medicine is abstinence! Everyone seems to have to learn this
lesson for themselves (me included), and some learn faster than others.
There also appear to be some who look at it as a challenge, and they're
going to crack that nut no matter what it takes, dammit! To them I say
godspeed, and good luck keeping your sanity!

However, I do use Novus 1 on the windshield, which seems to work well. It

is
a lot more expensive than Pledge.

I have used the aerosol Pledge on all of the plexi on various airplanes over
the years and have never noticed any ill effects.

BDS

Old March 8th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
t...
It's still not working.

It is pretty hard to not respond to the continued stupidity, given my
Baron experience, as well as my years as an Air Force flight surgeon.

You have to try the Outlook Express thing. Works beautifully. Only his
thread) get ignored and never seen with the appropriate view setting.

Marco

Old March 8th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Viperdoc" wrote)
It's still not working.

I disagree.

In just the past few days, there's been a sense of "renewal" in our
newsgroup. Threads about stuff are up - Ms Maniac X nonsense is down.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/landof10klakes/albums/
22 Yahoo Photos of:
"Snow at our EAA Chapter hangar (ANE) March 2007"

Our poodle in the snow
The Airplane of Minivans in the snow
Chapter hangar after the plows came by
Some other stuff...
....and what I should be doing right now!!!

Montblack
Renewal, rebirth, optimism, awakening, rejuvenation.... yeah, I'm ready for
spring. 50F coming to the Twin Cities (MN) this weekend.

Old March 8th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote

It's still not working.

It is pretty hard to not respond to the continued stupidity, given my
Baron experience, as well as my years as an Air Force flight surgeon.

g Really not working, at all, with some people merrily conversing away. I
think it may never end. sigh

However, I do use Novus 1 on the windshield, which seems to work well. It
is a lot more expensive than Pledge.

I use it on leading edges, which does keep the bugs off. However, I have
yet to try it on the windscreen.

Novus 1 does not look to be a product developed for aviation, but it does
look interesting. Does it help bead rain, like RainX?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 9th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kev

On Mar 8, 3:57 pm, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:
("Viperdoc" wrote)
It's still not working.

I disagree.

In just the past few days, there's been a sense of "renewal" in our
newsgroup. Threads about stuff are up - Ms Maniac X nonsense is down.

Yes, whenever the people who are obsessed with complaining about him
shut up for a while, the group functions very well. When they're
quiet, we are all saved from literally hundreds of annoying non-
aviation related postings. Like these ;-)

Pledge and planes. Decades ago I worked at a Sears auto center,
and we sold a jar of premium windshield wax that had amazing claims
printed on its side. It said it was used on aircraft. It also
claimed it repelled dust and radioactive fallout. We always figured
it was the first object we'd grab from the store if the Big One was
dropped nearby :-)

Kev

Old March 9th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Young

"Kev" wrote in message
s.com...
Pledge and planes. Decades ago I worked at a Sears auto center,
and we sold a jar of premium windshield wax that had amazing claims
printed on its side. It said it was used on aircraft. It also
claimed it repelled dust and radioactive fallout. We always figured
it was the first object we'd grab from the store if the Big One was
dropped nearby :-)

Rain-X! Come to think of it, it does look like the goop that accumulates
around the Pledge can nozzle. Just without the solvents, yellowing agent,
and propellant.

Old March 9th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Morgans,

like RainX?

At least my Rain-X bottle comes with an explicit warning against use on
Plexi.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

The pledge Viperdoc[_4_] Piloting 16 March 8th 07 03:44 PM
Taking the pledge Jay Honeck Piloting 107 March 7th 07 03:28 AM
The NEW liquid spray Pledge - Pledge® Multi-Surface Clean & Dust Spray No Spam Owning 6 February 15th 05 05:50 PM
Lemon Pledge Gerry Preston Owning 15 June 18th 04 09:00 PM
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE..... ArtKramr Military Aviation 19 October 24th 03 07:51 PM