3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd!

Old April 17th 05, 04:02 PM
Jay Honeck

Default 3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party July 23rd!

Free beer!

Okay, now that we've got Larry's hackles up, let's move on...
;-)

Thanks to the EAA moving Airventure up a day, our annual fly-in pool
party will be held on SATURDAY night, July 23rd. (It's traditionally
been held on a Sunday...) This allows everyone to depart the next
morning and arrive in Oshkosh the day before the show starts.

What is this party about? For those who are new here, every year we
throw a party at our aviation themed hotel for pilots who are en route
to "The Big One" in Oshkosh, WI. Free food, pop, wine and beer are
served at poolside, as our way of saying "thanks" for another good
year!

KIOW is located just 1.5 to 2.0 hours Southwest of OSH, which means you
will arrive in the busiest pattern on earth fresh as a daisy (rather
than frazzled at the end of a long cross-country flight) -- which makes
(in my experience) a HUGE difference.

(An aside: This will be our 23rd consecutive OSH fly-in, God willin'
and the crick don't rise, so I know of what I speak... Flying direct
OSH from IOW puts you over RIPON on the perfect course to fly straight
up the railroad tracks to FISK, without any course deviations. This
may sound like a minor thing, but any little thing that makes getting
into OSH easier is, in my experience, a very good thing.)

One MAJOR problem, however. Because of moving the party to Saturday
night, we are now going to be bucking up against our busiest night of
the week at the Inn. (We are usually sold out every Saturday night
from April 1 through December 1.)

Worse, Mary just got off the phone with a pilot who is organizing a
family reunion here on -- you guessed it -- that weekend. He has
booked 6 suites -- so (along with other reservations) we've only got
SEVEN suites left for that night! Several are two bedroom suites, so
doubling-up is possible, if you're flying in as a group...

Long story short: If you want to spend the night, CALL NOW. You can
always cancel later, (remember our 72-hour cancellation policy) but if
you're thinking about staying with us that night, it would be good to
make your reservation ASAP. (We've already got Jack Allison's new
Arrow -- well, and Jack, too -- and Jim Weir's straight-tailed 182
booked, so barring bad weather between the Left Coast and here, a good
time is guaranteed for all...!)

Either email me at , or call us, toll free, at
888-9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) for details. We'd love to see a bunch of
you guys and gals!

And don't forget -- even if you can't spend the night, plan on stopping
in for a free brat, a cold pop, and some hangar lying!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 18th 05, 03:39 PM
John Ousterhout

OK, I made my resevation. Add 40% to your beer and brat order.

If Montblack makes a reservation double the order!

- John Ousterhout -

Old April 18th 05, 06:01 PM
Jay Honeck

Whoa -- this party is getting out of hand!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 18th 05, 06:31 PM
Jay Honeck

Yikes. It's our new "hangar suite"...

:-)

One problem, Jim. The suite that we have designated as the future
"Apollo Suite" has booked up for the summer. We've got so many
weddings, fly-ins, and other events going on that it just doesn't look
like we're going to be able to complete the suite transformation until
after the summer... (We need at least a week of "down" time in order
to get the carpet guys in, and for us to do all the painting, wall
paper, decorating, etc...)

In the meantime, all of your cool stuff is in safe-keeping, available
for examination by special request.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 18th 05, 07:27 PM
RST Engineering

No problem. So long as that is the case, I'll bring the Apollo 15
commemorative coins with me this summer.

Jim

Old April 18th 05, 09:59 PM
Larry Dighera

On 17 Apr 2005 08:02:19 -0700, "Jay Honeck" wrote
in .com::

Free beer!

Okay, now that we've got Larry's hackles up, let's move on...
;-)

It was the 'en route' aspect of your 'free beer' advertisement with
which I took issue. Public perception of airmen might be diminished
by the thought of pilots enjoying intoxicating liquor en route to Air
Venture. This is a worldwide public forum after all.

Thanks for making it clear this time.

Old April 19th 05, 07:15 AM
Highflyer

"John Ousterhout" wrote in
message news:bEP8e.28080$GJ.3388@attbi_s71...
OK, I made my resevation. Add 40% to your beer and brat order.

If Montblack makes a reservation double the order!

- John Ousterhout -

That sounds about right. Oysterhouse generally makes a significant dent in
the consumables at Pinckneyville also! :-)

Highflyer
Highflight Aviation Services
Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

Remember the Pinckneyville rec.aviation flyin is May 20,21,and 22. Let Mary
know you are coming at so she doesn't run out of groceries
when the crowd hits the buffet table.

Old April 19th 05, 02:30 PM
Jay Honeck

Is space available in the hangar under Atlas' wings?

Sure.

I've slept there more than once...

;-)
--