More satellite image coverage for SeeYou

Old October 10th 03, 02:35 AM
Eric Greenwell

Default More satellite image coverage for SeeYou

In article ,
says...
I have recently added satellite image coverage of two new areas: the Czech
Republic and California/Nevada. Visit
www.starer.co.uk to download these and
satellite images for various parts of Europe.

This worked very nicely for a flight in California. Now I'm waiting
for images of Washington and Oregon, and eventually, I hope, Alaska.

--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)
Old October 10th 03, 02:53 AM
Jack Glendening

Eric Greenwell wrote:
This worked very nicely for a flight in California. Now I'm waiting
for images of Washington and Oregon, and eventually, I hope, Alaska.

Say Eric, a sincere "thank you" might be in order before asking for even
more from the provider. (From one who is sensitive to these things).

Jack

Old October 10th 03, 08:06 AM
David Starer

I appreciate the concern for my sensibilities!

I'm planning to go on creating further satellite images for requested areas
as time permits. It's useful to get requests for new areas as this gives me
a feel for where the demand is. I'm planning to continue coverage in Europe
(mainly France and Italy) and then return to parts of the USA. Relevant
parts of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa are in the pipeline too.

Someone at the NASA web site that provides the raw images told me a few days
ago that images taken in 2000 will be available soon, so it may be that I
will re-create the entire set using those. (The current ones date from
1990). There's no information as yet on whether these will be false color,
what resolution they will be, or when they will be available.

David Starer

"Jack Glendening" wrote in message
nk.net...

Old October 10th 03, 08:11 AM
Chris

David,

I would also like to say thanks for your effort!!

I am living in flying in the alps and as we have our winter
season now I have plenty of time to review some flights with this
great visual enhancement.

Chris

Old October 10th 03, 04:39 PM
Gary Kemp

I, too, would like to thank you for the effort to do this. Also for
the quick response to e-mails regarding how to get the satellite
images up and running on SeeYou. More fun than a video game, I will
have lots to do this winter reviewing old flights around some
spectacular mountain scenary.

Gary