Colibri II

Old April 29th 12, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick[_3_]

Default Colibri II

I just tried my new unit today. It seemed to be working fine but when
I uploaded the flight to the SD card it was "busy" for a long time
then shutoff and It won't turn back on. Anybody with any experience on
these new units??

Rick
Old April 29th 12, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morteza Ansari

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:27:56 PM UTC-7, Rick wrote:
I just tried my new unit today. It seemed to be working fine but when
I uploaded the flight to the SD card it was "busy" for a long time
then shutoff and It won't turn back on. Anybody with any experience on
these new units??

Rick

You might have a faulty unit. Mine works perfectly. Depending on the length of flight, the copy may take a few seconds to maybe up to a minute (for a 6 hour flight at 1 sec sampling). Dumb question, but could it have run out of battery?
Old April 30th 12, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

On Apr 29, 6:27*pm, Rick wrote:
I just tried my new unit today. It seemed to be working fine but when
I uploaded the flight to the SD card it was "busy" for a long time
then shutoff and It won't turn back on. Anybody with any experience on
these new units??

Rick

My Colibri II took a few tries to recognize the factory MiroSD card.
Wouldn't turn on. Tried pulling the card out, still would not turn
on. Plugged it in for a while, still no. Let it sit for several
hours off the charger then it worked. I think flight recorders are
sensitive to change. Our club has an EWMicrorecorder that exhibits
this type of behavior. I think it requires the SD card be formatted
FAT, not FAT32. Since then I only use factory issued memory cards.

Try putting the card back in if that was the state it was last time it
was used. Let it sit a few hours and try.

....Aaron
Old April 30th 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Apr 29, 3:27*pm, Rick wrote:
I just tried my new unit today. It seemed to be working fine but when
I uploaded the flight to the SD card it was "busy" for a long time
then shutoff and It won't turn back on. Anybody with any experience on
these new units??

Rick

From the Manual Colibri II

SD card reader
The unit has an integral micro SD card reader positioned on the left
side of the unit.
SD card is used for:
-Uploading TP (CUP format)
-Downloading flights from internal memory (IGC format)
-Uploading of flight declaration in LX format (.HDR )
Note!
Flight data is stored into internal memory, so SD card is not required
to be inserted during flight.

Flight options
Pressing enter on any flight of the logbook will enable Copy to SD and
View
Info function. Copy to SD will copy flight of interest to SD card.
View Info will
show pilot and glider data.

SD Card
SD card is a data transfer medium which makes possible to arrange
input of data (turn points, flight info)
and to export flight data which are stored in flight recorder. The
flights are written to the card in .IGC
format that means immediately ready for flight evaluation.
LOAD TP: Transfers turn point data from SD to device. Pressing enter
button
will show list of all *.cup formatted files in LX/TP directory. Select
file of
interest and start transfer with enter.
LOAD INFO: Transfers header files from uSD to device. Pressing enter
button
will show list of all *.hdr formatted files in LX/FLINFO directory.
Select file from
which you wish to transfer declaration header.
SD INIT: Creates all needed directories on SD card. (LX/TP, LX/FLINFO,
LX/FLIGHTS)
Important!
If TP file has more than 500 points only first 500 will be
transferred, rest will be cut off.

Notice the line that says important!

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old May 3rd 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick[_3_]

On Monday, April 30, 2012 3:52:59 PM UTC-4, akiley wrote:
On Apr 29, 6:27*pm, Rick wrote:
[...]

Not sure if my problem was the same as yours but after trying to recharge by outlet and USB it still wouldn't work. Packing it up to return and gave it one last try and poof it turns on. Then try transfer of flt log to SD card which took several (10-15) minutes when the unit quit this time it took seconds. Seems to be working OK will check Vario and thermal helper functions when I fly. Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

rick
Old May 5th 12, 12:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
akiley

On Apr 29, 6:27*pm, Rick wrote:
[...]

Glad you got it going. After things calmed down mine has acted 100%
normal. I think this is a great little unit. My first test flight
was the worlds slowest silver distance and it worked perfectly for a
four plus hours. I belong to a club, so I bought a 4" long Batteries
Plus, 12v (1lb) to power it in the Cirrus we have. I really like the
large relative wing arrow on the display. Will be great for ridge
flights.

.... Aaron

colibri ryanglover1969 Soaring 2 August 17th 09 12:44 AM
Colibri Fred Blair Soaring 2 August 25th 08 03:24 PM
FS Colibri Ed Hollestelle Soaring 1 December 20th 06 03:00 AM
FS Colibri [email protected] Soaring 0 March 1st 06 12:26 PM
Colibri Failures. Stan Kochanowski Soaring 2 April 6th 05 01:00 PM