A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Not exactly "Bumper" anymore.

Old October 12th 17, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Not exactly "Bumper" anymore.

It's been 19 years and thousands of yaw strings from the first, somewhat crude by comparison, MKI. The most recent MKIV is the culmination of a few dozen improvements and is flown by pilots all over the world. While the Quiet Vent added to the serenity of soaring when sweating out a low save or just staying cool in the high desert. Thank you all who gave your patronage, encouragement and enthusiastic support!

Both the MKIV and the QV are now owned by Wings and Wheels. I'm pleased they will have a good home and will continue to be available to the soaring community. I know they will come with the same attention to detail and quality you've come to expect - - please look for both on the W&W website. I understand they plan to make them available to other retailers also, (I had removed them from wholesale to reduce demand due to previous medical issues - mostly resolved).

I'll still be making the Smooth Ramp Slider (also sold by W & W), which takes the "grind" out of the Cobra trailer ramp, along with a few other custom parts for Schleicher gliders, as time allows.

best,

bumper
Old October 12th 17, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster

Great stuff, but....
I didn't see the IPO.
Jim
(addicted, so far ordered nearly 20 Quiet Vents, a handful of Mk__ Yaw Strings and 2 SRS kits)
Old October 12th 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Thanks, Bumper!Â* My Stemme has a Mk IV yaw string and two quiet vents.Â*
Love 'em all.

On 10/12/2017 10:37 AM, JS wrote:
Great stuff, but....
I didn't see the IPO.
Jim
(addicted, so far ordered nearly 20 Quiet Vents, a handful of Mk__ Yaw Strings and 2 SRS kits)

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 12th 17, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru
external usenet poster

It's a sad day in the soaring world...

Boggs

Old October 12th 17, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:31:27 AM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
It's a sad day in the soaring world...

Boggs

Ahhh, cheer up! I felt an element of sadness in selling out, but the bright side is they won't be lost should anything untoward happen to me.