Side stick plans

Old August 8th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Default Side stick plans

Does anyone know where I can get plans for building my control stick on
the side instead of in between my legs. My plans call for in between
the legs and I would like to look at other options. The problem is I
can buy a full set of plans but which one? Anyone have an idea?
Lou

Old August 8th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get plans for building my control stick on
the side instead of in between my legs. My plans call for in between
the legs and I would like to look at other options. The problem is I
can buy a full set of plans but which one? Anyone have an idea?
Lou

What airplane are you building? It will make a difference.

Old August 8th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

http://www.homebuilt.org/kits/littner/champion.html

Old August 9th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.homebuilt.org/kits/littner/champion.html

Nice looking airplane Lou. But a quick Google search doesn't come up with
much info on it. Is there a builder's group for it? That might be your best
place to look.

Old August 9th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"TigerPilot" wrote in message
oups.com...

Lou wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get plans for building my control stick on
the side instead of in between my legs. My plans call for in between
the legs and I would like to look at other options. The problem is I
can buy a full set of plans but which one? Anyone have an idea?
Lou

The Lancair IV has a side stick, see if you can find someone who builds
one or has one built and look at it.

The Cozy MK IV is a plan built and has side sticks. AS&S sells the
plans.

The Zenith 601 series is a side stick that is mounted between the seats. You
might go over to zenithair.com to see if that might work for you.

Old August 9th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
john smith

Does not the design of the sidestick depend on the aircraft it will be
used in?
Old August 9th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

John, if i understood your question then yes, but I'm looking for ideas
to adapt to my plane.
I could buy the Cozy plans but I'm looking to not spend a bunch of
money for the whole set of plans just to get this part that may or may
not work.
Lou

Old August 10th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...
John, if i understood your question then yes, but I'm looking for ideas
to adapt to my plane.
I could buy the Cozy plans but I'm looking to not spend a bunch of
money for the whole set of plans just to get this part that may or may
not work.
Lou

And you may not be able to simply adapt plans from one aircraft to another.