Boston area

Old February 11th 04, 11:26 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Andrew Gideon wrote:

I'm assuming that Logan wouldn't be too GA friendly. Is that wrong?

Logan is extremely friendly if you have a big checkbook. Call the Signature
FBO to find out what the rates are. There are landing fees, ramp fees, service
fees, and parking fees, and they're all double digit.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 12th 04, 12:42 AM
Paul

Logan is'nt in my first.. second... twenty-six first choice!!!

What's about the TFR

Paul

Old February 12th 04, 01:04 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "Paul"
wrote:

Logan is'nt in my first.. second... twenty-six first choice!!!

What's about the TFR

what TFR?

--
Bob Noel
Old February 12th 04, 04:42 AM
carlos

Paul,

I haven't been in the area for a while, but I learned to fly in Norwood
(OWD) and it's a wonderful airport with very nice runways and a control
tower. The onsite restaurant (Prop Stop, IIRC) serves great food.

Mansfield (1B9) is close by, no tower and has one paved and one grass
runway. It also has a nasty cross wind due to the way the runway is cut out
of the surrounding woods. Well, at least it was nasty for a student pilot -
haven't been there since.

While in the Boston area, I highly recommend you take a hop over to Katama
Air Park (1B2) on Martha's Vineyard. A great grass airport with wonderful
food. Just the takeoff from there is worth the trip. (I made this trip
pre-9/11, so things may have changed).

Also make sure to try and catch a ball game at Fenway!

Have a nice trip,

CGP.

"Paul" wrote in message
news
I'm planning a VFR week-end trip this spring in Boston with my 172.

1. Is it feasable in spite of the numerous TFR ?

2. Wich airport to choose.. KBVY (Beverly), KOWD (Norwood), or any other ?

Any suggestions ?

--
Paul

Old February 12th 04, 11:17 AM
Paul

I thought there was a TFR surrounding Boston... Oups!

Thank you

Paul

Old February 13th 04, 11:29 PM
Jeremy Lew

Last time I went to MVY, I noticed in the AFD that Katama is only attended
May - Oct. Not sure whether that means you can't land there during the
off-months or not.

"Paul" wrote in message
news
I'm planning a VFR week-end trip this spring in Boston with my 172.

1. Is it feasable in spite of the numerous TFR ?

2. Wich airport to choose.. KBVY (Beverly), KOWD (Norwood), or any other

?

Any suggestions ?

--
Paul

Old April 19th 04, 02:24 AM
DP

Hope I'm not too late....

If you go to BVY, stay on the west side, not the east side. Gas there
is expensive as hell, with added high city taxes. O fly out of LWM,
about 15-20 miles from Swampscott, but a very nice place. My favorite
place with absolutely NO hassles is 2b2, Plum Island, about 20 miles
north near the new hampshire border.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:44:43 -0500, Andrew Gideon
wrote:

Ron Natalie wrote:

As I said the primary issue is where you are heading. If you are going
to Danvers, it's hard to beat BVY, but if I was looking for a place to
park to head into downtown
I'd give OWD a shot. If you're going anywhere on the south side
(Braintree, Hull, etc...) then OWD is a no brainer.

I'm not terribly familiar with the area. If I were heading for Swampscott
or Swampfred or whatever, is BVY the proper choice?

- Andrew

Don Paquette
PP-ASEL
N9723X
Old April 19th 04, 04:58 AM
Andrew Gideon

DP wrote:

Hope I'm not too late....

That's nice retention your news server has.

If you go to BVY, stay on the west side, not the east side. Gas there
is expensive as hell, with added high city taxes.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you, but are you stating that there are no (or
reduced) taxes on the west side of the field as compared to the east side?
How could that be the case?

- Andrew