What's your most familiar route?

Old April 19th 04, 11:30 AM
Cub Driver

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:39:12 GMT, DP wrote:

What ??? How about Plum Island 2b2? ya know......depart 20 stay
away from the nuke plant....cross the river....viola!

Actually, I find the Plum Island runway very hard to see, considering
that it's asphalt. (Of course one can always find it, south of the
river and west of the ocean

One of the things I was pleasantly surprised by, when first navigating
around northern New England, was how easy runways are to spot from the
air. (I'd had the notion from Microsoft Flight Sim that all you could
see was cell phone towers, which of course you can't see at all.)
Hampton was tough because it's turf, but over the years some splendid
condo hangars have been built on the east side of the runway, so I
just look for a row of white buildings.

But 2B2 always eludes me for some reason.

You mention the nuke. One of the unwritten rules at Hampton is that
you fly north/south either along the beach or west of I-95, so as not
to give anxiety attacks to the security guards at Seabrook Station.
Many of us also no longer go on the 45 from the east. If we want to
land to the south, we do the 45 from the west and cross over so as to
join the downwind to 20. That way, we're never flying toward the nuke.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com