Sky High Av gas **** you off?

Old June 4th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Sky High Av gas **** you off?

On Jun 2, 1:15 pm, wrote:

The other minor problem no one cares to address is that contrary to
what most people think, peak electricity demand is typically after
sundown.

That would depend on where you live, and the time of year. I suppose
one could take into account some sort of national average, but I don't
see the purpose there.

Here in Phoenix, the summer afternoons have the air conditioners all
running like mad, and they are a big hitter. I expect it's worst at
about 5PM, when everyone comes home and cranks the suckers to the max
(if they've reduced the requirement during the day on an empty
house). Lights come on as it gets dark, but people go to bed not
too long after that.

Now, if you're talking about coastal California, where AC isn't really
a big issue, I'd agree.
Old June 4th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Its probably why schools try to avoid teaching economics to
high school students. It creates too many Republicans.

Good one!

:-)

Unfortunately, I haven't met too many Republican politicians lately who
understand anything about economics, either. Both parties now exist in a
never-never land of entitlements and wishful thinking.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 7th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:08:55 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
wrote:

Centeral Banks are Bad!!!

Your spelling is Worse.

(Or should that be Worser?)

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollins www.FlyingTigersBook.com

Fix the high cost [Was:] High Cost of Sportplanes Evan Carew Home Built 40 October 8th 05 04:05 AM
High Oil Pressure (was: Low oil pressure, high oil temp?) Thomas Ploch Owning 4 October 5th 04 04:34 AM
1972 piss test . . . so where was dubya ?? Transition Zone Military Aviation 8 September 23rd 04 04:48 AM
High And Low SelwayKid Piloting 5 July 18th 04 04:09 AM
IVO pireps wanted.. high performance/high speed... Dave S Home Built 8 June 2nd 04 04:12 PM