FAA Bans GA Ride Sharing Companies

Old August 28th 14, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Default FAA Bans GA Ride Sharing Companies

On 28/08/14 11:36, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:46:23 +1200, george152 wrote:

On 26/08/14 01:17, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 08:28:27 +1200, george152 wrote:

To fly for hire or reward we had to have a Commercial Pilot License

A private certificate permits 25 mile maximum from departure point sight seeing
flights, IIRC. Commercial permits flying for heir (crop dusting, photo, banner
tow, ...), but not pax.

Different here and I rather suspect there.

I'm surprised to hear it's different in NZ.

A Commercial permits you to fly for hire or reward. Carrying cargo, ag
chemicals or pax.

Flying pax beyond 25 miles from point of departure is Part 135 or Part 121
here.

Okay these are the Regs as they pertain to PPL's here.
Going to the Advisory circulars will lead you to the Regs as they
pertain to CPLs
http://www.caa.govt.nz/Advisory_Circulars/AC061_3.pdf
Old September 2nd 14, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bug Dout

Sylvia Else writes:

All that said, I think one would have to be mad to fly with a private
pilot whom one doesn't know. There are some lunatics out there, and
some of them won't live to build up many hours.

Exactly so, which is why I hope the FAA prevails on this issue. The last
thing GA needs is some idiot private pilot killing a "paying" passenger
and another outcry against dangerous, reckless pilots and their little
planes.

--
The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its
continuing cancellation of the steady and staggering gains made by the

---

Old September 20th 14, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvia Else

On 27/08/2014 6:17 AM, george152 wrote:
On 26/08/14 23:50, Sylvia Else wrote:

I suppose that can be true.

Though some of the PPL lunatics won't even reach the number of hours you
need to get a CPL.

And then there was all that BS about eyesight having to be 8/8 in order
to get a CPL..
And thats why I didn't pursue a career in aviation
Didn't want to be a 1000 hour PPL
Nowadays in nearly every aircrew some-ones wearing corrective lenses.

It seems almost inevitable, unless you want to force most aircrew to
retire in their early forties. The human eye just hasn't evolved to be
long lasting, and its ability to adjust from near field to far field
focus deteriorates in a way that can almost be calibrated in years of age.

Sylvia.